Real Madrid, Madrid

Know about this? Rate It!

Santiago Bernabéu
    by Twan
  • the side and the shield of Real Madrid on stadium
    the side and the shield of Real Madrid...
    by gwened
  • map of seating layout at Santiago Bernabeu
    map of seating layout at Santiago...
    by gwened
  • nhcram's Profile Photo

Real madrid

by nhcram Updated Feb 1, 2005

Hanging around for Beckham

We just made it into the stadium before it closed for the day and we were so glad we did.
    I sat on one of the seats pretending to be a spectator and could only imagine what it was like to be part of the crowd on a match day. The sheer size of the place (It holds 87,000 people!) was awesome.
    We were also able to visit the trophy room and some of those were magnificent. One of them dates back to 1958 and weighs something like 58 kilos. It was made of 18 carat gold!!
    We hung around for Beckham - but he never showed!
    Well worth a visit even if you are not a footie fan and at only 5 Euro entrance well worth it.

Equipment: There is a shop at the end of the tour where you can buy virtualy anything to do with the club. Baby bottles included...NO I didn't buy one.

• Ciaran27's Profile Photo

Getting tickets

by Ciaran27 Written Feb 1, 2005

We were a bit worried about not having tickets for Real Madrid but I had found a very useful website that told me everything I needed to know.

We ended up getting out hotel manager to book 11 tickets over the phone on the day of the game. We paid 40 euro and we couldn't have had better seats.

When we got to the stadium all we had to do was swipe the credit card and out popped our tickets. There were also tickets still available at the stadium if you wanted.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Real Madrid C. F.

by HORSCHECK Updated Jan 25, 2005

Real Madrid Championsleague ticket

Go and see a match of Real Madrid in the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu (See my Must-See Activity Tips). Real Madrid is one of the most famous clubs in the world and plays both league and European cup matches.
    The stadium is often sold out, nevertheless, tickets might be available on the black market. I got a ticket for the UEFA Championsleague semifinal between Real Madrid and Juventus Turin.
    Don't be shy when negotiating with the touts. I got a brilliant ticket for the lateral side for only 30 Euro, even though it was offered to me for 100 Euro. The original price was 25 Euro for Real members, so these kind of tickets are normally not sold to non-members of the club. I was very lucky ... :-)

• Trains

• johnwilky53's Profile Photo

REAL MADRID TICKETS

by johnwilky53 Written Jan 24, 2005

Got our tickets oer the phone,then you pick them up by swiping your card thro the machine at gate 14,no problem.
    sorry forgot the web site ,but its the official real madrid site not the ticketmaster type ,paid face value .great experience.

Equipment: sandwich for half time.

• sharala's Profile Photo

Real Madrid Plays Here!

by sharala Updated May 31, 2004

Bernabeu/Real Madrid

Not being a football fan, (I can't quite get used to calling it "football." Such an American am I !!) I suppose I don't appreciate the importance of Real Madrid and their imposing stadium, Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, but perhaps you do--my partner did, but he's originally from a football-loving country. Anyway, there it is. I know you can have a look around if you are inclined, besides actually attending a game. There were many English fans wandering around the October 2003 day we visited. Anyway, around the corner is the large team merchandise store in a small mall. They were doing a VERY brisk business selling sporting goods and nic-nacs bearing the team logo.

• luke850's Profile Photo

Real Madrid

by luke850 Written May 26, 2004
    Santigo Bernabeu

Real Madrid play their football matches at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium (see 'must see activities'). You can book tickets on their website, or in person at the ground. With superstar players such as Beckham and Ronaldo, you are guarenteed a feast of football.

• Gaby_G's Profile Photo

Hellooooooo Beckham!!!!

by Gaby_G Written Apr 10, 2004

Goooool!!!

Real Madrid... The "Star Team".... I get to watch the Real Madrid-Valencia match... I have to admit that as in tennis, I am new at all this live and direct sport stuff... So 1) I REALLY tought that there would be someone describing the game... There was not.,.. and all the time I tried to guess what was happening... 2) We get some of the WORST seats... I saw Beckham like a little ant... And no comments about trying to determinate if the little ball I was watching was actually the ball or a particle of dust in front of my eyes...
    3) It was great!!!! despite of the other two points, I really enjoy the game, the atmosphere was great!!!!... If you are in Madrid and you can get some tickets, GET THEM!! it is worth it!

• cheapskate's Profile Photo

Go Soccer Crazy!

by cheapskate Written Jan 6, 2004

Hailed as the most expensive football club and with all the world's best footballers like zidane, figo, beckham, roberto carlos and ronaldo.. This is not an experience to be missed especially if you're a soccer fanatic! Well... you don't really have to be a Real Madrid fan to enjoy a match too!

• Adventure Travel
    • School Holidays

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Strictly For Fans of REAL MADRID F.C.

by Krystynn Updated Dec 26, 2003

Real Madrid Team 2000 (before Beckham joined)

If you're a big fan of Mr Perez (the big boss) and the boys at Real Madrid (I'm referring to Figo, Raul, Zidane, Beckham, Carlos, Casillas, Ronaldo, Guti... ya know), you would probably think of ways to buy a ticket to watch a weekend La Liga match played at the Bernabeu Stadium.

I have never been to the Bernabeu Stadium - yet. But should my favorite boys at AC Milan battle against the Real Madrid boys in the Champion's League, I WILL definitely head to the Bernabeu. Pronto. ;-D

So, if you see a lady dressed in a red and black striped shirt with a red/black scarf... screaming her lungs out inside the stadium...er... no need to call the ambulance. It's just me. ;-) You probably can't miss me. I'll stick out like a sore thumb against the sea of all-WHITE SHIRT Madrid fans!

P.S. The only person I like in Real Madrid is the captain himself - Raul Gonzalez. ;-) Cute and multi-talented!

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Real Madrid stadium

by Carmela71 Updated Nov 11, 2003

Concert entrance

The Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, where the Real Madrid plays.

Real Madrid is one of the best Football clubs of all times (it was elected best club of the 20th century). It?s club that has won the Champions League (Europe Cup) more times.

Every Fortnight Real Madrid plays at home during the Spanish League Season --from end of August/ beginning of September to June

My family are great supporters of this team ... I am the exception lol only support Spain as football team, leagues are not interesting, most of the times only brings violence ....

Well I went to see a concert lol not a football match..

1987 .. 15 July ... was 15 years old, and i travel all way to see my favourite group .. U2 also Pretenders and UB40 ...

Just great ...

And on the 17th I saw Tina Turner in Marbella .. the perfect week.. but what can I say my summer of 15 years was the best one ever!

• alfredop's Profile Photo

Santiago Bernabeu Stadium

by alfredop Updated Jun 28, 2003

Santiago Bernabeu

On 14 December 1947, with a match between Real Madrid and the Portuguese club Os Belenenses, the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium was inaugurated, the best and most modern one, as it was considered at the time. Then, in 1954, with the first extension, it was also the biggest one. The history of the Club started to grow at the same time as this overwhelming team of champions, whose titles managed to match the greatness of the stage where they were achieved. These are golden years that fulfill every supporter's dreams: the best team, at the best Stadium.

The Santiago Bernabeu Stadium has hosted an endless number of big sport and social events, among which the following ones can be highlighted: Final of the 2nd European Cup won by Real Madrid (1957); Final of the European Cup of Selections. Commemorative Celebrations of the 25 Anniversary of the Stadium (1972); Commemorative Celebrations of the 75 Anniversary of Real Madrid; Final of World Championship, Spain 82; the Pope John Paul II's gathering with the Spanish youth (1982). Besides the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium has hosted several finals of the Cup of Spain.

• alfredop's Profile Photo

Real Madrid match

by alfredop Updated Jun 28, 2003

Real Madrid match

During this visit I only stayed for a weekend and we were lucky enough to find tickets for a Real Madrid vs. Racing de Santander match. This was Real's first match after playing with Manchtester United for the UEFA 1999 Championship.

This match was a different experience as I have only been on matches in Mexico and the environment is different. In Mexico it is more like a party and in Spain like a ritual.

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Real Madrid Hall of Fame

by SirRichard Written Jan 24, 2003

Entrance at Gate 3 of the stadium

In the stadium Santiago Bernabeu you can visit a little Hall of Fame of the Real Madrid soccer team, where they have all the trophies and many interesting photos.
    The entrance is by Gate 3 of the stadium, in the Castellana side of it. Tuesdays to Fridays, 10 to 19. Entrance 4 euros.
    By a next gate you can find the "Area Real madrid", the official store to buy Real Madrid products.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Soccer in the Park

by acemj Updated Dec 17, 2002

Soccer is the world's number one sport and that is no exception in Spain. Talk of the local team, Real Madrid can be heard on the street, in cafes and all around town.

I saw these guys playing an organized game at Parque del Retiro, but I also saw many kids just kicking the ball around in a random lane or in a public square.

• babettu's Profile Photo

Santiago Bernabeu

by babettu Written Jan 26, 2006

Here you can watch a football match or just have look around especially if you are a Real Madrid supporter ! ! !

Instant Answers: Madrid