Real Madrid, Madrid

Know about this? Rate It!

Santiago Bernabéu
    by Twan
    at Lisbon with the 10th Champions win!
    by gwened
  • the side and the shield of Real Madrid on stadium
    the side and the shield of Real Madrid...
    by gwened
  • alfredop's Profile Photo

by alfredop Updated Jun 28, 2003

Santiago Bernabeu

On 14 December 1947, with a match between Real Madrid and the Portuguese club Os Belenenses, the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium was inaugurated, the best and most modern one, as it was considered at the time. Then, in 1954, with the first extension, it was also the biggest one. The history of the Club started to grow at the same time as this overwhelming team of champions, whose titles managed to match the greatness of the stage where they were achieved. These are golden years that fulfill every supporter's dreams: the best team, at the best Stadium.

The Santiago Bernabeu Stadium has hosted an endless number of big sport and social events, among which the following ones can be highlighted: Final of the 2nd European Cup won by Real Madrid (1957); Final of the European Cup of Selections. Commemorative Celebrations of the 25 Anniversary of the Stadium (1972); Commemorative Celebrations of the 75 Anniversary of Real Madrid; Final of World Championship, Spain 82; the Pope John Paul II's gathering with the Spanish youth (1982). Besides the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium has hosted several finals of the Cup of Spain.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Soccer in the Park

by acemj Updated Dec 17, 2002

Soccer is the world's number one sport and that is no exception in Spain. Talk of the local team, Real Madrid can be heard on the street, in cafes and all around town.

I saw these guys playing an organized game at Parque del Retiro, but I also saw many kids just kicking the ball around in a random lane or in a public square.

• jnyvegas's Profile Photo

Real Madrid Football

by jnyvegas Written Mar 5, 2007

After tha game

This was my #1 thing on my to do list while in Madrid. I have never been to a european Footbal(soccer) match. First off we had to get tickets and after the concierge at the Palace Hotel tried to make us pay him 175 euro's each we decided to goto the stadium (took the subway right to it). There were still tickets for sale and the line was about 100ft long so we decided to buy them from a scalper. We paid 60 Euro's for face value 45 euro tickets and did not have to wait inline. The tickets were on the third tier out of 5 tiers and were good seats. There are no vendors walking up and down the aisle at the stadium so bring in some food and snacks.

• Gaby_G's Profile Photo

Hellooooooo Beckham!!!!

by Gaby_G Written Apr 10, 2004

Goooool!!!

Real Madrid... The "Star Team".... I get to watch the Real Madrid-Valencia match... I have to admit that as in tennis, I am new at all this live and direct sport stuff... So 1) I REALLY tought that there would be someone describing the game... There was not.,.. and all the time I tried to guess what was happening... 2) We get some of the WORST seats... I saw Beckham like a little ant... And no comments about trying to determinate if the little ball I was watching was actually the ball or a particle of dust in front of my eyes...
    3) It was great!!!! despite of the other two points, I really enjoy the game, the atmosphere was great!!!!... If you are in Madrid and you can get some tickets, GET THEM!! it is worth it!

See Real Madrid

by gwened Updated May 25, 2014

the side and the shield of Real Madrid on stadium

I am a supporter alll my life, you buy it at servicaixa or direct at club official webpage www.realmadrid.com
    you use the same credit card you purchase the ticket to retrieve them at the stadium by door or Puerta 11 12 and 13 by the calle Rafael Salgado (Fondo Norte north seating area) by 11h on game date or any day at la Caixa of servicaixa from 10h30 to 20h30 any day at terminals of the Tienda Adidas (store adidas) by calle Padre Damian.

games are posted for buying about 10 days to a month before match and socios or associates gets first shot then the general public. the ticketmaster outlet is the best see my other tip.

We just won the 10th Champions of our history, the most by any other club in history, we are simply the best. FIFA says so too ::)

Equipment: none

• cheapskate's Profile Photo

Go Soccer Crazy!

by cheapskate Written Jan 6, 2004

Hailed as the most expensive football club and with all the world's best footballers like zidane, figo, beckham, roberto carlos and ronaldo.. This is not an experience to be missed especially if you're a soccer fanatic! Well... you don't really have to be a Real Madrid fan to enjoy a match too!

• School Holidays
    • Adventure Travel

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Strictly For Fans of REAL MADRID F.C.

by Krystynn Updated Dec 26, 2003

Real Madrid Team 2000 (before Beckham joined)

If you're a big fan of Mr Perez (the big boss) and the boys at Real Madrid (I'm referring to Figo, Raul, Zidane, Beckham, Carlos, Casillas, Ronaldo, Guti... ya know), you would probably think of ways to buy a ticket to watch a weekend La Liga match played at the Bernabeu Stadium.

I have never been to the Bernabeu Stadium - yet. But should my favorite boys at AC Milan battle against the Real Madrid boys in the Champion's League, I WILL definitely head to the Bernabeu. Pronto. ;-D

So, if you see a lady dressed in a red and black striped shirt with a red/black scarf... screaming her lungs out inside the stadium...er... no need to call the ambulance. It's just me. ;-) You probably can't miss me. I'll stick out like a sore thumb against the sea of all-WHITE SHIRT Madrid fans!

P.S. The only person I like in Real Madrid is the captain himself - Raul Gonzalez. ;-) Cute and multi-talented!

• johnwilky53's Profile Photo

REAL MADRID TICKETS

by johnwilky53 Written Jan 24, 2005

Got our tickets oer the phone,then you pick them up by swiping your card thro the machine at gate 14,no problem.
    sorry forgot the web site ,but its the official real madrid site not the ticketmaster type ,paid face value .great experience.

Equipment: sandwich for half time.

• Ticket touts

by MarkySummers Written Jun 8, 2007

If you are looking to go to a game at the Bernabau, my advice would be to buy tickets on-line or get them at latest 24hrs before the game. All but the lowest category games will be almost impossible to get tickets via the box office on the day, which leaves you in the hands of the touts. While forgeries are rare, you will be very lucky indeed if your ticket is for anywhere but the top tier in which it is virtually impossible to see whats going on, its almost like watching a football match from a plane. Many of the touts rely on English fans turning up an hour before kick off thinking they can just pay on the gate.

• Business Travel

• gwened's Profile Photo

buy tickets for sports games

by gwened Updated Feb 24, 2013
    Vista Alegre basketball arena (previous)

dont know where you got that price . I am a follower , go there often, and buy mine ahead at servicaixa but the ticket are not on sale yet

update as ticketmaster purchase servicaixa.

Equipment: you

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Estadio Del Bernabau

by vichatherly Updated Feb 19, 2013
    Estadio Del Bernabau

Home to Real Madrid. An 80,000+ all seater stadium, which is one of the best in Europe.

I've been lucky enough to visit this stadium twice, both times to see Real Madrid v Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League. My first trip was in April 2000. The game finished 0-0.

There were more goals on my most recent visit in February 2013.

I had bought seats situated in the top tier of the main stand and so the view was fine. You'll be pushed to find a bad seat in the ground. The atmosphere was excellent.

I was there for the UEFA Champions League KO16 round, Real Madrid v Manchester United, played on 13th February 2013. The match ended 1-1.

As I was in with the home supporters, I had no difficulty in getting in and out of the ground. If you are in the away supporters, be wary of policeman waving batons.

• Architecture

• gwened's Profile Photo

Real Madrid more than a team,a club

by gwened Updated May 25, 2014
    the crew at resto after the game

Indeed usually don't put up these pictures but its ok. I am there and so is my father.

The Real Madrid FC is more than a team, its a club, a family for me. I keep in touch with hundreds of fans all over the world for life.
    I grew up in Madrid as a young boy became part of the team at alavin level and benjamin, left the city but once with the shirt on, it stays with you forever. Then you start meeting like minded folks and you realise you have entered a family.

I am an honorary member of the Real Madrid FC peñas or supporters group all over Spain, from the north in Galicia to the south in Andalucia. Five peñas in all with hundreds of fans now including grandchildren of the fans and extended family members.

Equipment: bring your heart and soul.

• luke850's Profile Photo

Real Madrid

by luke850 Written May 26, 2004
    Santigo Bernabeu

Real Madrid play their football matches at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium (see 'must see activities'). You can book tickets on their website, or in person at the ground. With superstar players such as Beckham and Ronaldo, you are guarenteed a feast of football.

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

by Frisbeeace Updated Jun 26, 2005

Inauguration date: 14 December 1947
    First match: Real Madrid-OS Belenenses
    Renovations: 1953, 1982, 1992, 1998
    Pitch dimensions: 107*72 meters
    Capacity: 80,000 seats
    Floodlights: 1,300 lux

For fans of the Real Madrid there is a tour of the stadium: Normal visits ('follow the arrows') & guided tours. These tours include a panoramic view, the dressing rooms, the field of play and the trophies exhibition.
    Price: Adults: €9.00
    Opening times: Daily from 10:30 to 18:30 except matchdays and days after them.

• real-madrid-tickets's Profile Photo

Real Madrid tickets

by real-madrid-tickets Written Jun 14, 2005

Hi
    Buy your Real Madrid tickets online in one reputable website: http://www.madrid-tickets.net or http://www.ticketspain.com
    Regards and enjoy the experience.

Instant Answers: Madrid