Know about this? Rate It!
Hi Pierre...hope you are doing very well!
Isma..i have this info for you :
As you are arriving early at Madrid Barajes airport i propose that you will take a taxi to the Continental Auto Bus station. Adress : Intercambiador de Avenida de America 9 and once at the station ask for the bus for Logrono.
There are 5 connections everday : Madrid - Logrono Mo - Fri 8.00-10.30-15.00-17.00 - 19.30pm
Logrono to Madrid 6.45-10.00-13.00-16.00-19.00pm
Lenght of journey about 4hrs.20mins.
There is even a train from Madrid main station but as far i can research this leaves about 17.00pm daily only.
Have a great time and enjoy...
La Sepulvedana has buses to many destinations from Madrid. Their prices are very reasonable, and buses are very comfortable.
The terminal is located across from the Principio Pio subway station. It is NOT MARKED. Basically, you cross Paseo de Florida, turn right, pass Hotel Florida, and next building is Sepulvedana.
You can check timetables and buy tickets at www.lasepulvedana.es
Estacion Sur (South Bus Station)
Estacion Sur is the main bus station for buses going ti the southern half of Spain, some central points around Madrid and some international destinations. The most popular are:
- Andalucia (Sevilla, Granada, Malaga, Cadiz...)
- Lisbon, Algarve (Portugal)
- International: Paris, Venice, Germany, Poland, Romania...
To get here, take the metro to Mendez Alvaro station, or the Cercanias train from Atocha or Chamartin. All the ticket boxes are in the same row (see pic) in the ground floor, while the buses are accesed at the underground floor.
- Budget Travel
- Road Trip
Long Distance Buses
There is no central Bus Station in Madrid. Depending on where U R going, U should go to (mostly) one of the following:
- SOUTH & INTERNATIONAL: Estación Sur Méndez Alvaro. Tel: 91 468 42 00 (from 6.30 am. to 24.00). Metro: Méndez Alvaro. http://www.estaciondeautobuses.com/
- NORTH & EAST (Catalonia): Estacion Avenida de America. Metro Av. America. This one is a subterranean station. 91 745 63 00
- EAST (Valencia) & EXTREMADURA: Estacion Conde de Casal Auto Res. c/ Fernández Shaw, 1. Tel: 91 551 72 00. Metro: Conde de Casal
You can find more detailed info at the web below...
Take the bus
To get to Madrid from another city, or vice-versa, you can take the bus. Going from Madrid to Salamanca, we were able to buy our tickets on the day we were going, but when it's a busy season, I recommend buying them a few days in advance.
I think there are 3 bus stations in Madrid where you can take a bus to other cities. So if you're taking a taxi to the station, be sure you know which one you're supposed to go to.
- Study Abroad
Alsa bus to Barcelona
We took the bus to go to Madrid, it took us 7hours (the same as with the train !!!), we only paid 22,86euro per person, very cheap i think. It was very practical to take a night bus, departure at midnight. There are busses almost every hour, and they are very comfertable.
Check out the site.
Departure is from Avenida de America.
From Madrid to Cordoba
The buses by Secorbus leaves for Cordoba at these times daily:
There's an extra bus leaving on Fridays at 1500.
A one-way ticket costs 10,85 euros and leaves from Estacion Sur de Autobuses (Metro: Mendez Alvaro). The bus ride takes 4.5 hours.
Information correct as of July 2003 :)
- Road Trip
Daibus beats them all
Okay, not everybody wants to travel from Málaga to Madrid or back, but if, then the best way to do it is with the Daibus company.
The trip takes about six hours (only two hours slower than the train) and they depart more than five times each day in both directions (on weekends still more).
A round trip ticket costs less than 30 €uros, whereas you have to pay about 80 €uros for the train.
Estación Sur de Autobuses (South Bus Station)
How to go from or to Madrid by bus. This is the main bus station in Madrid.
- Address: Méndez Alvaro, 83.
- Metro: Méndez Alvaro (line 6).
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Madrid Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sedona Hotels
- Jurong Town Hotels
- Shinas Hotels
- New Manila Hotels
- Cavtat Transportation
- Pulau Langkawi Transportation
- New Orleans Transportation
- Panglao Island Transportation
- Gulmarg Transportation
- San Juan Transportation
- Cebu City Transportation
- Bhutan Transportation
- Saudi Arabia Transportation
- Lloret de Mar Transportation
- Rovinj Transportation
- Boracay Island Transportation