San Lorenzo de El Escorial Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in San Lorenzo de El Escorial

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Rompicapo Pizza

by keeweechic Written Oct 3, 2009

Right in the centre of San Lorenzo de El Escorial is this lovely Italian restaurant which is housed in an early 19th century mansion. The décor is tasteful with antique tables and chairs. They serve some traditional Italian dishes such as parmigiana, gnocchi, spaghetti and pizzas which are cooked in a stone oven.

Open 1.30 – 4.00pm and 9.00pm – 11.00pmClosed Mondays

• Photography
    • Architecture

• acemj's Profile Photo

El Candil: Cozy place

by acemj Updated Jul 9, 2003

my fish and red wine

We were hungry after our tour of the monastery and decided to walk around and look for a place to eat. As the snow began to pick up and the temperature continued to fall, we decided that we just needed to get out of the cold, so we ended up at El Candil.

Andrew and I sat down and decided right away that the restaurant was a bit too quaint and romantic for two guys, but what the heck, we were starving! We entered El Candil downstairs where there are a few tables and a counter bar. A middle-aged lady welcomed us in with a pleasant smile and immediately led us upstairs to a quiet room with white tablecloths and soft tones painted on the walls. After seating us at our table next to a window and handing us the menus, the lady left us all alone in the warm room with the snow gently falling on the sidewalk below. A moment passed. I tried to fill the next moment by fiddling with my camera bag and readjusting my coat hanging on the back of my chair. Finally, Andrew cracked the silence with a chuckle and we quickly struck up a conversation that focused solely on women and sports!

Favorite Dish: Between the two of us we had sopa castellana, paella, pescadilla, croquetas de jamon y queso, and of course, bread, wine and coffee. Andrew said his soup and paella were great and the ham and cheese croquettes were great. My fish was done like fish should be done. Very simply with a drizzle of Spanish olive oil and some herbs. It was indeed a great meal.

• Redang's Profile Photo

Mesón Taberna La Cueva: Excellent place for tapas

by Redang Updated Feb 27, 2007

Restaurant La Cueva (San Lorenzo Escorial, Spain)

Very typical taberna (tavern) and "formal" restaurant, they serve great tapas.

- Fax: (+34) 91 890 15 16

Instant Answers: San Lorenzo de El Escorial

Comments

San Lorenzo de El Escorial Restaurants

Reviews and photos of San Lorenzo de El Escorial restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Lorenzo de El Escorial sightseeing.

View all San Lorenzo de El Escorial hotels