Sangenjo Travel Guide

Sangenjo Things to Do

• solopes's Profile Photo
    Sanxenxo - Spain 1 more image

by solopes Updated Dec 22, 2013

Maybe the best beach that I saw in Galicia (I didn't see much!), it was really inviting.

A calm sea, beautiful landscape, and the usual spanish structures close to the beach.

• Beaches

by micas_pt Updated Jul 29, 2009

Sanxenxo, like a busy touristy village, has a huge offer of accommodations that range from private bedrooms to hotels, several discos and pubs and lots of restaurants. I'm sure everybody will find one that is appropriate to their likings. There are also lots of shops, mainly selling beach related stuff.

I've been to Sanxenxo more than once, but never stayed there. The most recent visit was in July 2009, while we were spending summer holidays in neighbour beach Playa de Montalvo (info on my Portonovo page). Basically we visited Sanxenxo to enjoy their great choice in restaurants, mainly fresh fish and seafood.

by micas_pt Updated Jul 29, 2009

Sanxenxo is, on my opinion, a little village that grew into a busy beach resort (on summer months). It seems to have grown a lot around the beach area - a large main road with a nice pedestrians walk along the bay, but so overcrowded with buildings.

The beach's sand is white and thin and water is crystal clear and calm. But this is not, by far, my favourite beach in that area. If you have a car and drive around, you will find beautiful little unspoilt beaches almost deserted ... worth getting into your car, driving around and discover unspoilt paradises. I’m sure you won't regret at all.

For more information on this area beaches' or even karting, see my Portonovo page.

Sangenjo Hotels

El Revel. Villalonga, Sangenjo, 36990, es

Sangenjo Restaurants

Sanxenxo and the beach

by micas_pt Written Jul 29, 2009

A few years ago, we had a fabulous lunch in restaurant "O Barco", which is situated in the main street overlooking the beach and has both outdoor and inside tables. We choose the outdoor as it was summer and weather was great!

This later visit we hadn't the chance to eat here again, but this restaurant was still amongst the best as it was recommend to us by the local lady who managed and owned the apartments where we stayed.

Favorite Dish: We tried the starter made with octopus and shrimp, ... so delicious!! I highly recommend it. And then we ate a "parrillada" of fish and seafood. A parrillada is a mixture of several different things, in this case, some pieces of different fish (grilled) and some pieces of different sea food, also grilled.

My only complain was the service, somehow slow, but it was high season and the restaurant was completely full ... But my overall appreciation is very positive, I would return there again without a doubt.

Marina, by night

by micas_pt Updated Jul 29, 2009

Marlima restaurant was also recommend to us as one of the best and frequented by both locals and tourists. We went to the marina restaurant, but while in Sanxenxo noticed there is also another restaurant from same owner on the inner streets of the village.

In my opinion, the marina restaurant has the great advantage of easily parking your car and also enjoying a fabulous night view, as it was a good night and we chose an outside table. As we visited during the week (July 2009) and this restaurant is the last one in the row of restaurants in the marina, it was very quiet and there was no need to book in advance.

Favorite Dish: We tried the varied seafood for two, which consists of 5 types of seafood, served separately. I don't know the exact name in English for the kind of crabs we had, the first is big and the second type is medium, so they serve 2 for the later and one of the first mentioned. Afterwords, comes the plates with the mussels and the cockles, both cooked in steam. Last, but not the least, they serve the clams, covered with a tasty and thick sauce. All this food was very good and fresh. The deserts are also very good.

• Sangenjo Hotels

15 Hotels in Sangenjo

14 Reviews and Opinions

Instant Answers: Sangenjo

Comments

Sangenjo Travel Guide
Map of Sangenjo