Valencia Travel Guide

Valencia Things to Do

• by lestanze Written Aug 4, 2007

Noleggia una bici da "do you bike", scendi nel corso deviato del fiume Turia e arriva, in un bellissimo percorso tra alberi, fontane, passando sotto i vecchi ponti di pietra, fino alla recente e non ancora completata citta di Calatrava.
    Quindi devia verso il porto e guarda i vecchi docks allestiti per gli equipaggi di America's Cup,
    fai tutto il giro del porto e concediti una birra in una delle terrazze con vista sul Mediterraneo.
    Guay!

• Architecture
    • Aquarium
    • Motorcycle

Valencia Hotels

Valencia Restaurants

• LizontheMove's Profile Photo

by LizontheMove Written Jul 16, 2007

We were desperately trying to find a spanish restaurant with good paella that didn't have a huge wait for service when we came down a side street and found Baldos. It was busy but had a free table and there were locals sitting outside so we assumed it would be a good, local restaurant.
    We ordered the paella valencia and it arrived two minutes later. This was already a bad sign as it meant it had come from a giant pan that was continously heated (why do they make it a minimum order of two people when it is clearly not cooked to order?).
    As a result, the rice was dry and crispy (and not just the bit from the bottom of the pan), the meat was so dry I had a job chewing it and the snails were shrivelled up into microscopic bits of leather.
    I'm sure it was a bit fresher it would have been quite nice but it was so dry I just couldn't enjoy it.
    Also, they brought bread to the table which we were then charged for on the bill- this always annoys me in restaurants, either it should be gratis or they should ask you if you want it.
    I don't know what the rest of their food is like.

• LizontheMove's Profile Photo

by LizontheMove Written Jul 16, 2007

I know it sounds the typical English thing to do- get a curry when hungry regardless of where you are- but having had tapas and paella for three days in a row, when we walked past Kebabish, the smell tempted us in.
    It was moderately priced (7 euros for the main dishes) and really tasty- one of the best Indian meals I have, and I lived in Tooting for 6 years!!
    We had the lamb tikka rogan josh- which was delicious, the meat was really tender and flavoursome and the sauce was packed with fresh ingredients, not a luminous puree like you get in some places! We also had the chicken tikka masala, again delicious.
    One pilau rice was plenty for two and one naan likewise!
    We were a little disappointed that all the other customers were also English, it would have been nice to see some Spanish people enjoying something different but we can't help that!!
    Total meal cost, with beer and water was under 30 euros (also had poppadums).

Favorite Dish: Definitely the tikka meat, well marinaded and cooked

• Valencia Hotels

12 Hotels in Valencia

70 Reviews and Opinions

Valencia Warnings and Dangers

• by TravellerPlus Written Jan 17, 2005

Valencia is a beautiful little city, and the people who live there are rightly proud of it. Unfortunately, the talk of pickpockets doesn't end in Madrid (where I felt safe and was never bothered). I had my wallet lifted from a zipped compartment in a shoulder bag by an old man, who didn't look capable of it - and I neither felt nor heard the zip pulled. This happened just outside the railway station - often a prime target area. Beware - those who want your things are quick and silent. Otherwise, Spain is wonderful, and well worth visiting.

Valencia Favorites

• cwest03's Profile Photo

by cwest03 Updated Jun 28, 2003

Favorite thing: For more information on The Region of Valencia go to: http://www.comunidad-valenciana.com/index.htm

They have great full color, downloadable PDFs that will give you a good overview of what teh region has to offer.

• Trains

Instant Answers: Valencia

Comments

Valencia Travel Guide
Map of Valencia