Carthaginians and Romans Festival
The September festival 'Carthaginians and Romans' is one not to be missed. Hopefully the weather will be kind to you. I have been a few times now and enjoyed it more every time as I get to understand the story more and more. The locals really get into character and put a lot of time and effort into their costumes.
It does not get going until late so don't turn up too early.
Kids will love the fairground.
There is a nice 'market' selling local fayre and the usual 'tack'.
- Family Travel
- Arts and Culture
ASIATICO (ass e et i co)
In Cartagena area only go into a bar, restaurant and ask for an 'Asiatico' (Ass e et i co). The waiter will smile and bring you a local delight. You can drink it at any time, well I do. It's a combination of local liquor and coffee.
Condensed milk poured into the base.
A generous measure of the local 43 liquor.
A shot of espresso coffee.
Topped with cream.
A sprinkle of cinnamon.
They should put a couple of whole coffee beans and a small rind of lemon on top but not always.
Stir the mixture together and savor the taste.
To sit in a bar watching the world go by sipping this delight is an experience not to be missed.
- Budget Travel
-El Pez Rojo 968.563109.
End Paseo de la Barra. Good fish.
Try "long and narrow" trial menu ("many dishes, small quantities"). Really generous portions in his excellent trial menu.
- Miramar, 968.563033. Beginning of Paseo de la Barra.
- Katalan, 968146021. Paseo de La Barra, next after La Tana.
- El Navegante, Tel. 968563312. End Paseo de La Barra, corner El Faro/Palangre Streets. Fish, rices.
- El Mosqui, 968.564563. In the road driving up to the Lighthouse.Traditionaly, one of the really good "caldero" rice.
- La Sartenica, 968.146001. Tavern-Restaurant, way up to the Lighthouse, wide selection of typical Murcia snacks. Good relation price/quality.
- La Palapa, 968337236. Light food until 11,30 pm if they are open. Good relation price/quality.
- Kati, 968563931. Fish and rice in the first bend of Way Up Road to the LightHouse.
- Freiduría El Faro, 968.564960 - 968.145079. Fried fish, in the port Avenue.
- Restaurante Azul Marino, reservations: 968145565, firstname.lastname@example.org
Next to El Faro restaurant, Port Avenue. Good cuisine offer.
-Las Dunas - Las Amoladeras - Mercadona Areas,
- El Rape, 968.146314. Old La Manga - Cabo de Palos road, traffic lights cross in front of Las Dunas "mercadillo" - the Sunday morning flee market-. Caldero and paella rices, codfish, ribsteaks.
- La Bodega 968.145485 In Las Dunas "mercadillo" Shopping Center. Good set-up menu for 9-10 Euros, 3 dishes to choose among a wide offer. Good relation price-quality.
- La Churreria, in the old road La Manga-Cabo de Palos. Good rices.
- Rosario. - 968.563037 - 968.563193. In the old road Cabo de Palos - La Manga.
Specialities: "Perdiguero" rice, excellent baked fishes, charcoal grilled sardines.
- Festivo, 968563214. Chinese restaurant on the back of Mercadona Supermarket.
-Las Amoladeras 968.563205. Located 200 Mt. before the beginning of Gran Vía de La Manga, Cabo de Palos cross road. Good food at a reasonable price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices