Mula Travel Guide

Mula Things to Do

• kht1468's Profile Photo
    The view coming into Mula 3 more images

by kht1468 Written Jun 17, 2007

It's well worth taking the time to get up to the castle in Mula - the views across the plain are superb. Its such a shame they haven't kept the castle up together, but in the state that it is I am sure it could tell so many stories.

Easily reached by car or bike you'd need a lot of stamina to get a push bike up there as the way up is very steep. Theres nothing at the top at all so do take refreshments with you as in the summer heat you'll need something.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Castles and Palaces

Mula Restaurants

• kht1468's Profile Photo
    El Hogar cafe 3 more images

by kht1468 Written Jun 17, 2007

This was a quick drink stop in the searing heat, and we were so impressed with it. It was squeaky clean and has a lovely bar area with a further larger seating area thru some double doors.

The toilets were very clean and the service we got quick and very polite. Pullling up on a Harley doesn't always get the same results when walking into cafes, but they were wonderful.

Favorite Dish: I'd been thinking thru the previous 10 minutes what to drink to quench my thirst.... and ordered a cafe bonbon - a shot of coffee on top of condensed milk, but its very sweet - but a tip is to have a seperate glass with an ice cube in it and mix the coffee up and then pour over the ice. An iced cafe bonbon is divine.

I also had a water, and got tempted by the boquerones with garlic and parsley which were just melting in my mouth about 2 minutes later. My hubby has the potatas allioli (potatoes in garlic mayo) which came with a basket ofbread and breadsticks, and he also downed a quick glass of freshly squeezed orange juice followed by another water.

So, 2 drinks each, and a tapas each, and the resulting bill was 8 euros. Amazingly cheap!! We can't compare the price between other cafes in the town as this was the only place we stopped. My only regret is that we weren't that hungry and didn't have more as it all loked delicious.

• Castles and Palaces

Instant Answers: Mula

Comments

Mula Travel Guide
Map of Mula