Pamplona Warnings and Dangers

by Roadquill
    by jnyvegas

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Pamplona

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Warning the bulls or ?????

by Roadquill Written Dec 17, 2012

The City of Pamplona is thoughtful enough to provide signs along the route of the run explaining a little bit of what is going on, like this sign by Mercadores just before the route makes a hard right hand turn onto Estafeta. No one during the run is going to stop and notice the sign and certianly the bulls are more interested in sticking a horn into some poor tourists butt.

• Photography

Religious Drinking

by Roadquill Written Dec 17, 2012

After consuming a little too much, a common post drinking pose was the Crucifix. It is a post drinking pose because by this point the participant really doesn't have an interest in drinking. In fact, it is often followed by a reverse, gastro-expulsion of the previously imbibed drink. This position requires the assistance of at least two assistants in order to properly maintain the Crucifix position. It is clearly a religious experience because the participant summons God's assistance as he or she find their true spirituality. "ooohhGawdddd, I think I am going to bbbbaaarrrrrffffff" or "Oh God, get me through this and I will never drink again". Even their assistants realize the transformation, often commenting to the friend, "Jesus Christ are you f@#*ed up!".

• Photography

• TANjarin's Profile Photo

If you are going to run.. always BE AWARE!!!!

by TANjarin Updated Apr 4, 2011

BE AWARE!!

It's amazing how many people just are standing around... or not paying attention and then WHAM! they get jacked!!!!

Umm.. can you say, my boyfriend?!

Yes, he was one of the ones... not in this picture..

I was too freaked out seeing him get tossed to snap photos...

But it was a reality check!!!

Don't get too drunk, and think about what you are doing!! :)

• pamplona

by ERNIETAGG Written Oct 10, 2009

Don't go for San Fermines unless you want to meet up with loads of Australian and US drunks. Pamplona is a beautiful vibrant city full of history, lush green parks, graet walks along the river, brilliant pintxos, relaxed drinking and friendly folk. For the rest of the year. Many locals bugger off out of the place during the Fiesta as they see their lovely city trampled by drunken idiots. Do the same and go when you can really enjoy the place.

Pickpockets.....

by Roadquill Written Aug 12, 2007

I know this should be a no brainer, but some young man tried to unzip my camera bag while I was at an internet cafe. Fortunately, my bag was next to me and I heard the slow "zzzziiiiipppp" and looked down and say my bag open about two inches. I turned around and confronted the man right behind me who denied and professed innocence. So I throttled him, threw him down to the ground, yelled if he ever tries to steal from me I would ^$%$#$$ and !$#@#$# the @!#$#@#@! out of him. I then gave him a high power soccer boot to the rump and he flew out the door.

• Beer Tasting

• TANjarin's Profile Photo

Expect the UNEXPECTED!!!

by TANjarin Written Aug 29, 2005

Bull behind the wall... that's my knee!

You never know what is going to happen...

I sure didn't!!!

After running and picking out a spot behind the safety wall in the bull ring, i thought nothing could happen to me, except maybe the guy who completely freaks out and jumps the wall and falls on me...

Boy was i wrong!! Not only did the above happen, but the UNEXPECTED happened...

THE BULL HIMSELF, jumped the safety wall!!! NO JOKE!!

So everyone who thought they were safe had to jump back INTO the bullring to get out of the way....

*I* on the other hand scaled a wall... the bull ran right below me.... inches from my feet!! If i hadn't acted fast... maaan, i don't even want to think about what could've happened!!!

OOOOH and by the way, while i was in the ring, it didn't happen once... OH NO, it happened 3 different times the SAME DAY!!!!

:D ha!

• Adventure Travel

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Getting into the bull ring with the bulls

by Roadquill Written Aug 2, 2005

Little Red Door Into the Bull Ring

At the end of the run, the fence narrows and funnels the bulls and runners through a relatively narrow door. There are often piles of runners also adding to the angst. Throw in a few angry bulls and 50 drunken compatriots makes it rather interesting. I saw many injuries here. Make sure you time your entry through the door and as soon as you get in, bolt off right or left.

• Wingshot's Profile Photo

Pickpockets..

by Wingshot Written Feb 8, 2005

Pickpockets here are aggressive & bold. Keep your wits about you at all time. Check all baggage & carry only what you need. Backpacks are slashed in crowds & the contents stolen without the owner even knowing.

While my group was "sleeping it off" in a park at 10:00AM with a group of children playing nearby, a pickpocket attempted to steal a friend of mine's wallet. We woke up and chased the would-be thief off.

Tumbling with the Bulls

by Roadquill Written Dec 30, 2004

Ooops, I'm Not Quite as Fast After 18 Beers

Even the 800 pound play bulls they send out into the bullring after the running of the fighting bulls can cause injury. This guy was OK, but one bull spent a few minutes polishing his horns on some guys chest. The guy needed medical attention. And obviously I was not as concerned with holding the camera still as I was about which way the bull was going to turn. :-)

• Quepasa's Profile Photo

Parking !!!

by Quepasa Written Mar 10, 2003

Be very careful when u park your car, they have special rules.If u will ever park your car, make sure if u park on a blue coulored parking place that u pay a ticket. I didnt knew that an after five minutes the car get off a crane what costs 120 Euros. The people here call the town "capital of cranes"

• jnyvegas's Profile Photo

Dont run by the corner of death

by jnyvegas Updated May 10, 2011

I would say don't run around the corner of death with the bulls, they seem to loose their footing and go down, it is very dangerous, I saw 2 people carried away in the ambulance from that corner.

Instant Answers: Pamplona

Comments

Pamplona Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Pamplona warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pamplona sightseeing.