Hällevik Restaurants

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Hanöhus: Beach views

by Sjalen Updated May 17, 2010
    Terrace by the sea

Hanöhus is a hotel (see tip) with its own restaurant open to anyone. I have never eaten here since I was more tempted by the smoked fish in the harbour than I was of typical Swedish versions of steakhouse stuff, medallions of pork and so on. However, I still want to recommend this place just for having a drink with a nice seaview. In fact, summertime when the weather is nice, you can even sit on their terrace, overlooking the beach and that is the major reason for coming here. This also seems to be the main Hällevik nightlife spot with a nightclub area with both live music and discos, but since we visited daytime I never saw it in action.

Favorite Dish: Swedish sweet cider or a decent Czech pils are good on a hot day (or even a rainy one when you've walked here from the camping...).

• Music

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Dagmars fiskkrog: Smoked fish

by Sjalen Updated May 7, 2010
    Loooooooads of fish!

In the harbour Hennings fish smoking business is one of the main features, and Henning's children wanted to be in on the action too so they started a restaurant in the same building some years ago which has since become so successful that it needs expanding. Still, it will be kept in the same cosy style as before and this means rustic wooden furniture and maritime features. We were lucky enough to come here when it wasn't too busy but if you are here in high season I think you might have to book a table, especially since the restaurant often hosts musical events too.

Don't despair if you do not like fish - there are some meat dishes on the menu and I think it is worse if you are a vegetarian. Still, it is the fish you should come here for as that is far superior to the other dishes and comes straight from the neighbouring smokery. The staff were incredibly friendly and there is a mix of tourists and locals here making it a relaxed place for just about anyone.

Favorite Dish: We opted for the "Smoked fish platter" which you have to be minimum two people for and which said it offered "a bit of everything". That was no understatement - we had to almost roll back to the campground and couldn't even finish all of it. As you can see in the picture, there was everything from smoked prawns to flat fish, all of it delicious but it was hard to eat that much with a smoke flavour so I would perhaps stick to something more moderate next time. You could easily be 3-4 sharing this as you also get bread and potatoes. Children have a special menu if they like but we never needed it since our daughter was busy at her football camp nearby.

• Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Hällevik

Comments

Hällevik Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hällevik restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hällevik sightseeing.