Halmstad Restaurants

by egonwegh
  • Restaurants
    by Sjalen

Most Recent Restaurants in Halmstad

• Cafe Lugnet: Try homemade cakes !

by Iguska Written Apr 11, 2010

During a summer, we're passing by Halmstad few times and every time we spent a wonderful time in Cafe Lugnet. Located 50 m from the sea and 100 m from a main road (direction: Tylesand, look for the signs near to big funfair called Aventyrsland) in a antique villa, is a must- be place for everyone looking for good food in unforgetable places. All cakes are homemade and they are really delicious! Cafe Lugnet is offering some food as well. In menu they have few warm up sandwiches (I hardly recommend Principessa served with salad) and occasionaly soups (once I tried carrot soup and I still miss this taste).. But Cafe Lugnet is famous mostly from theirs homemade cakes, so if you will be in Halmstad during summer (its a summer cafe) definately try rabbarbar cake with cream and caffe latte.. mmm, I'm missing summer soooo much .... Enjoy !

Favorite Dish: Favorite dish - definately Principessa with salad
    Favorite dessert - rabarbar cake with cream !!!! ..or white chocolate pay with pomegranate ...or mango cake ..or polish cheese cake..
    Favorite coffee - latte !

• CarlGustaf's Profile Photo

Harry's Pub och Restaurang: the burger at Harry's pub och restaurant

by CarlGustaf Written Aug 8, 2009

This is a very atmospheric diner/American/steakhouse which is also a pub in Halmstad. Halmstad which is a very 'trevlig' town (especially in the summertime) has some restaurants on the main street (Storgatan) and "Harry's Pub och Restaurant" in Storgatan. What we liked about the place was the selection on the menu card that carried a wide selection to cover all tastes, of affordable prices. The service is very friendly and fast. The prices range from middle to up, it's depending on the kind of meal you are looking for. If you just want the burger, like me, the price is very moderate and affordable.

Harry's is actually a franchise and later we found out there is one in our hometown (Malmö) also.

Favorite Dish: I have only had the 200g Harry's Burger. It's very good. My wife had the chicken wings, and she did not complaing. The French Fries are served with some good mayo, but you can choose from ketchup or other Heinz sauces. There is also Tabasco for the meat, if one should want that.

• Seniors
    • Disabilities
    • School Holidays

• egonwegh's Profile Photo

Pub Casino Restaurang Harrys: Visit Harrys

by egonwegh Updated Feb 8, 2009
    Halmstad (Sweden), Harrys Restaurang

We had some very good pasta here and tea and coffee - 29 June 2008.

Favorite Dish: Our first and, up till now, only visit to a restaurant in Sweden. We had pasta Jocke for lunch, plus some tea and coffee. Friendly service. We paid a total of 302 Kronor.

Fox & Anchor: Best beer and whisky assortment

by Sjalen Written Jul 7, 2007

Adjacent to the Hotel Mårtensson this pub still has people from all over Halmstad flocking here because of the good beer and whisky selection and the nice atmosphere. Sure, it lacks that pure British pub feeling which Swedes instead imitate as best they can, but here they've done a good job of it with a stage section for a small band, a library "snug" and a general area. They also serve quite nice bar meals such as burgers, salmon steaks and other things and have a childrens menu. I was pleasantly surprised to find twelve or so beers on tap, including Beamish and Westmalle double which is unusual. Amongst the bottled beer they had beer from the Black Sheep brewery in Yorkshire and lots of English ales, several good Belgian beers including some quite rare to Swedish bars such as Drak, and then of course lots of German and a handful of other world beers. There is a nightclub at the back for later...My only complaint is that the beer is quite expensive even by Swedish standards. It costs to keep all that special beer here I guess, but food is moderately priced...

Favorite Dish: I have difficulties chosing between some of my favourite World beer all appearing here. As for eating, the salmon is great.

• Luxury Travel
    • Beer Tasting
    • Singles

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Lilla Helfwetet: Halmstad's best!

by Sjalen Written Jul 7, 2007

Regarded as Halmstad's finest restaurant in its guides and in Swedish food guides, I got curious and went to study the menu. Sadly, I was too full to justify paying those prices for a meal right then, but oh how I long to go back and experience this place - the menu looked fantastic. What was so special was that it wasn't over the top but quite a short menu, but what there was had this wonderful look about it. Shellfish plates, lobsters and lamb racks with interesting complements and often local produce. Add to this that when I peaked my head in, I saw a fish tank and when you look at the website (below), you see what looks to be a very interesting interior. Since it is in a former electric works it has a high ceiling and so on. I'm sold and can go back to Halmstad just for this some time in a dark winter weekend. The place also has a night club if you need to activate yourself instead of dine.

The name brings out a surprised smile in Swedes - "Little Hell" in an old fashioned spelling. This comes from a 17th century local known as Pål i Helwetet (Paul in Hell) who had a business in the area, serving sailors and others from his little bar. Today, lots of names and activities in the restaurant are of course puns on hell.

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

Börje Olssons Skafferi: Italian buffet

by Sjalen Written Jul 7, 2007

I've never eaten here due to time limitations but I peaked my head in and decided to do so next time. The place is nicely decorated with old boxes and things and they sell Mediterranean delicatessen so it is open at business hours rather than evenings. Apart from the shop there is also a restaurant part where lunch is when they lay out their buffet with pies and deli stuff and later they do simple plates of Italian delicatessens such as olives and ham.

• Wine Tasting

Hallandsgårdens café: Summertime waffles

by Sjalen Written Jul 7, 2007

At Hallandsgården open air museum the cafe is a "must" if you enjoy cosy settings with your coffee. It is open from 1 May to 31 August at 11-18 and what you should really try are the typical Swedish waffles with jam and cream. They also have some other cakes but not homemade in the same way, and they have a selection of sandwiches as well as ice cream.

Favorite Dish: Waffles!!! :)))

• Architecture

Värdshuset Tre Hjärtan: Good pizzas

by Sjalen Updated Jul 7, 2007

The three hearts is the coat of arms of Halmstad and this old house used to be the town hospital before becoming a brewery which since moved elsewhere and was bought out but Sweden still has a Three Hearts beer which you can try here and in many other places. For a long time, this was a famous bakery but now it has been turned into a restaurant. Food is a mix of cheaper lunch dishes and a more exclusive a la carte and as we visited over lunch, we settled for pizzas which was a great hit as we thought they were amongst the best we've ever had in Sweden simply because they are more Italian than Swedish. Service was friendly and efficient when we visited, although when my daughter knocked her drink all over my plate I was never automatically offered a dry plate once they'd wiped the table...

Favorite Dish: Salami pizza which came with a generous but not over the top ladle of garlic oil.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Halmstad

Comments

Halmstad Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Halmstad restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Halmstad sightseeing.