Haparanda Travel Guide

• Things to Do
  • Local Customs

Haparanda Things to Do

by Gili_S Written Apr 23, 2006

This interesting tower was in the city centre, watchtower? Water tower? Whatever, the photo can show you what a cloudy day it was on mid July :)

by Gili_S Written Apr 23, 2006

There is the river here between Haparanda and Tornio, you can also swim here in the summer or skate on it in the winter.

by Gili_S Written Apr 23, 2006

... which is nothing special, just walk around a bit in this small town and, well, I must say, it was on my way, so I did stopped here, other wise, I could not find anything special here.

Haparanda Restaurants

• Scandic's Profile Photo

by Scandic Updated May 2, 2003

There aren't many good restaurants in Haparanda, but this was a big surprise for me. It's not very local to eat chinese in Sweden, but his was very good. I ate some vegetarian thing with tofu and it was absolutely the best chinese thing that I have ever eaten. Maybe tofu is cheap in Sweden or something...

Visit number two. I have written text above last year. I visited in Leilani yestarday and I ate the same tofu thing and it wasn't nearly as good as it was last summer. I don't know why. That greasy salt tasted food wasn't very good att all. So...prepare yourself.

Favorite Dish: Restaurang Leilani
    Öppet alla dagar. 100 platser, fullständiga rättigheter.
    Dagens rätt 10.00-15.00. Massor att välja på,
    serverar pizza, kinamat, thai och steaks. Även avhämtning.

Haparanda Transportation

by Gili_S Written Apr 23, 2006

You can actually just walk here, or cycle from the Finnish border town of Tornio. There is border check between the city, but there is no any checking...

Instant Answers: Haparanda

Comments

Haparanda Travel Guide
Map of Haparanda