Jokkmokk Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Jokkmokk

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Jokkmokk Sami Market food stalls in the ARctic: Lots of food stalls with all sorts to pick from

by angiebabe Written Dec 5, 2007

All sorts - i enjoyed the hot coffee and had one try of a beef burger - no I didnt go looking for reindeer burger but I think I did see some stalls with them (Ive tried enough reindeer in Finland!) but with my sweet tooth I did check out and enjoy the chocolate covered marshmallow things - not a particularly Sami or Arctic specialty? but they did seem very popular with about 3 different stalls selling them around the market.

• Adventure Travel
    • Festivals

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Opera: Reindeer pizza, anyone?

by Sjalen Updated Jan 24, 2007

As Ajtte's restaurant was closed, we had to eat somewhere else and pizza suited the eight-year-old too. Several pizza places in northern Sweden have pizzas with Laplandish names and mine was no exception. To an Italian, it must sound horrible but it is actually quite nice to have pizza with reindeer meat on, even if there are various styles to this as well. This place serves it with lingonberry jam (the small Nordic cranberries) and that seemed too odd for me to miss on a pizza so I laughed my way through the nice meal. Other places swear by the equally traditionall horseradish with their reindeer. This place is nothing to write home about as far as interior goes but it is smack bang in the town centre when you get hungry and the staff are all friendly. Apart from pizzas you can get steak and mash, "normal" reindeer dishes and other fast food and they are licensed. Had I stayed long enough, I might have found that this could qualify as Jokkmokk's nighlife tip too as they seem to have football on wide screen, New Year dinners and other activities going on at times.

Favorite Dish: Pizza Lappland :)

Instant Answers: Jokkmokk

Comments

Jokkmokk Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jokkmokk restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jokkmokk sightseeing.