Kiruna Restaurants

Fishing
    by loisl

Most Recent Restaurants in Kiruna

• roxirlr's Profile Photo

Can't remember, but has BIG coke bottle on top!: Best Burger in Kiruna!!!

by roxirlr Written Mar 30, 2013

Trying to find a great Canadian style burger, because we sooo missed a simple burger after 4 weeks in Kiruna! So we tried this place! Can't remember the name, but it has a BIG coke bottle on top of it, and is located directly behind the Scandic Hotel! At first my husband ordered the largest burger (can order in different wieght), and wanted a double patty! The cooks says "are you sure!!" and then says it will be like a football!!, so we go with her suggestion, 2 sizes smaller! WELL it was still VERY large (bigger than any burger we've had before) and according to my husband VERY GOOD!! It is not a sit in restaurant tho, so make sure you either drive or don't have far to walk, as everyone likes to enjoy a hot meal! For 2 ppl, paid about 165kr. Burger, fries, chicken (kyckling) nuggets, fried and 2 cokes!

Favorite Dish: Obviously the burger!!

• School Holidays

• Manara's Profile Photo

Pizza House Milano: More than just pizza

by Manara Written Oct 2, 2008

We had already seen many so-called Italian Pizzerie in Sweden, where neither the food nor the staff are Italian, so we did not like the idea of having dinner at such a place. However the only eateries that we saw open at that time of the evening seemed to be the "pizzerie", so we chose the one which seemed to offer more variety in the list posted outside.
    Inside, the style of the restaurant was rather like an Italian pizzeria, and the music was all Italian pop from the '60s and '70s. However, the menu (in Swedish only) had a good list of meat dishes to choose from.

Favorite Dish: We ordered grilled meet and as soon as we saw the plates and felt the aroma we realized we had made the right choice. The dish in front of us was a generous serving of very Middle-Eastern kebab, with lots of vegetables. The meat was tender and spicy and we enjoyed it to the last morsel.
    The restaurant does not have a license for alcohol, so we had alcohol-free beer (which actually is not entirely alcohol-free) and foud it was not bad.

• Pizzeria Sicillia: For Vegetarians

by crackhammer Updated Feb 22, 2008

If you are a Vegetarian then you will have a hard time in Kiruna, at least I had. Sallads are not enough for me as lunches or dinners. I need something heavy/filling. I couldn't find vegetarian anywhere in decent price. (I was traveling on shoestrings) Only option I was left with was pizza. Even there are not many of these pizzerias around but we found this pizzeria, pretty much in the city centre but not on the main street. I must say that Pizza wasn't that great, very mediocre but that came as a blessings. I had this pizza twice a day for 3 days.

• clouds111's Profile Photo

The Wardshus: Poor Rudolph....

by clouds111 Updated Sep 6, 2007

This is the main (one of two) restaurants in Jukkasjarvi, which is on the other side of the road to the Ice Hotel. The menu is mostly Laplandic with some arctic specialties, like Ptarmigon, arctic bird, Char which is an arctic fish of the salmon family but smaller and reindeer meat. The food here is very expensive (3 course mean is well over £100) but absolutely gorgeous. The atmosphere in here is lovely too, cosy and warm. I believe there was another restaurant down the road but a bit of a trek in your snowsuit.

Favorite Dish: I'm afraid it has to be the Reindeer - have never had meat like it!

• alidunne's Profile Photo

Thai/Chinese in the town: Yum yum!

by alidunne Written Nov 21, 2005

I'm not sure what the name of this restaurant is but it's in the town near the central square and close to the Church. We went here after a cold day in the snow and the chinese food was so nice. It was a bit strange to be eating Chinese food in the Arctic though, but I would recommend it!!

• El_Sueco's Profile Photo

Nikkaluokta restaurant: The starting / ending point for your adventures!

by El_Sueco Updated Aug 29, 2004

Leave your back pack outside and enjoy the meal!

Restaurant.
    There is also a camping ground (no luxury) and cabins to hire.
    Starting point and end for your adventure.
    End station for bus from Kiruna (64 SEK). Parking places.
    Shop with things you forgot to buy. Also souveniers. Art exhibitions. Helicopter landing place (goes frequently to Kebnekaijse)
    Nikkaluokta is a small village, just about 14 houses.
    An extra bonus to the staff at this restaurant for their eager to make the clients satisfied. Very good service and a most kindly reception!!
    (experienced 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004)

Favorite Dish: Reindeer, moose or fish, several dishes wearth trying.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Adventure Travel

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo

A pizza place

by fairy_dust Updated Mar 1, 2004

There is a pizza place in Kiruna (though I can't remember the name of it for the life of me...), and it's not too expensive. There are all sorts of toppings available, and the price depends on which toppings you get. If you usually have a small appetite, you should consider sharing a pizza with someone, the pizzas are pretty big (you get a whole pizza, not just a slice).

Favorite Dish: I had a Mexican pizza - it had meat and hot peppers on it.

• Study Abroad

• El_Sueco's Profile Photo

Kebnekaijse Alpine Center: Victory meal after Kebnekaijse?

by El_Sueco Written Sep 9, 2002

Unexpectable fine restaurant in the wilderness!

The restaurant is located in the Kebnekaijse Alpine Center (Kebnekaijse Fjällstation). In the Alpine Center you get reports on weather and you can book guided tours to the top of Kebnekaijse. The information desk gives advices and you can rent equipment in the Sport Center. There is a hotel at the location.
    Restaurant opens for dining at 6 P.M.

Favorite Dish: There is one special meal each day, but there is only one, so you have to order what there is that day! The food is well prepared and the environment is good.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Kaffekoppen

by Gili_S Written Mar 12, 2006

This Kaffekoppen I found by coincidence, it is a small trendy and nice coffee house in one of the corners backyards in the city centre.

• loisl's Profile Photo

prepare it by yourself: Wilderness "Restaurant"

by loisl Written Jan 21, 2005

Fishing

Out here you have to prepare your meals on your own, and maybe you have also to get your food by your self

Favorite Dish: smoked reindeer

• Adventure Travel

• sharkie's Profile Photo

In the end of one slope you...

by sharkie Written Aug 24, 2002

In the end of one slope you find this a hamburger-stand, a life savior!!!! HAHA!!
    FOOD!!!!!!!!

Favorite Dish: Anything!

Instant Answers: Kiruna

Comments

Kiruna Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kiruna restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kiruna sightseeing.