Luleå Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Luleå

• eurogirl24's Profile Photo

MAX: Fast Food

by eurogirl24 Written May 25, 2005

No matter what you do, DO NOT eat at McDonald's in Sweden:) Really nasty. Way worse than in US. MAX had really good and fresh burgers. It is a Swedish type of McDonald's and it was pretty good and as far as I remember a little bit cheaper than Mc's. Definately fresher food.

Baan Thai: Tasty Thai food

by lukky Written Jul 15, 2005

Baan Thai is one of the best restaurants in Luleå. They have Thai food as well as a few other dishes (but why would you choose one of those when there is Thai food?). At lunch time (around noon-2 PM probably, not sure about the exact times) they have a buffet which is good value. It includes salad, a drink and coffee.

In the evenings they have an à la carte menu where dishes cost between 70 and 100 crowns, approximately. If you want dessert after your meal, try their specialty, deep fried strawberries...

Max: Swedish burgers

by lukky Written Jul 15, 2005

I don't eat hamburgers, but if I did, I would go to Max rather than McDonald's. Max is a north Swedish chain of hamburger restaurants, and are expanding south at the moment because everyone just seems to love their food.

In fact, the first time McDonald's tried to open a franchise in Luleå, they had to close again, because everyone went to Max or Frasses (sadly there's no Frasses in Luleå anymore...) instead! McD blames this on their own refusal to provide cutlery - northern Swedes have a habit of eating hamburgers with a knife and fork, don't ask me why - but personally I believe that people simply liked Max better. This was before the days of brain-washing advertising...

Unfortunately, McDonald's now have a new restaurant in Luleå, and it seems to be pretty successful. Luckily Max is pretty successful too.

If you're interested in healthier fast food, Max has several alternatives such as a low carb burger and the 'delifresh' meals.

• lukky's Profile Photo

Mac India: Indian food in Luleå?

by lukky Written Jul 15, 2005

Mac India has north Indian food as eat-in or take away. The actual restaurant isn't that nice or cosy (though it's way better than most of the pizzerias/fast food places) and the food isn't _the_ best Indian food I've ever had, but it's definitely worth a visit anyway. Especially if you are tired of pizza/burgers/Chinese food. I have never had food that I didn't like from Mac India.

At lunch time they usually have a lunch offer where you get to choose between a number of dishes and a drink/coffee is included. Sometimes they also have a buffet.

• lukky's Profile Photo

Kvarterskrogen Harnet: Food from Eritrea!

by lukky Written Jul 15, 2005

Harnet has traditional Eritrean food as well as some other dishes. It's worth a visit simply because you don't come across Eritrean restaurants that often! (I don't think I've ever seen one before this one...) The owners are from Eritrea and will be happy to tell you more about the food, they are very friendly.

The restaurant looks like any typical fast food/pizzeria/grill place, so it's not a place where you want to sit for hours talking, but I think they also do take-away...

Favorite Dish: I had some kind of mince meat dish, which was delicious, along with a pancake-type bread which I didn't like that much. Next time I will ask for rice instead (you can order the dishes with either bread or rice).

ZAN: Persian food and pizza

by lukky Written Jul 15, 2005

Zan has a number of Persian dishes (like various types of kebab) as well as pizza. The pizzas are more expensive than the ones from regular pizzerias, but on the other hand they are made with more "upscale" ingredients such as mozzarella cheese.

They also offer take-out.

• JulieP35's Profile Photo

Marco Polo pizzeria, Mjölkuddsvägen, Luleå: They poisoned my whole family!!

by JulieP35 Written Jul 19, 2012

Bought food from this place for the first time on Monday 16th July 2012. By Tuesday 17th, I was throwing my guts up, and crying that I wanted to die. Two days later and I am still in agony, with muscle aches, sickness, and diarrhoea. The rest of my family all had different dishes, and they all got sick too!!
    This shows it was not just a one-off with one dish. This establishment has a widespread hygiene problem.

The best is yet to come.....when my partner visited the restaurant on Wednesday 18th to ask for our money back, instead of being concerned, the guy threatened to kill him!! We have since had to contact the police, the environmental health department, and the local press, in an effort to warn people about this so-called restaurant.

Next time somebody might die. Be warned, and do NOT eat there!

Favorite Dish: Nothing, they poisoned us!!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Bishops Arms: Bishops Arms

by Gili_S Updated Apr 22, 2006

Spending here only one evening on my return way home I could not check too much, it was Sunday night and most places were closed, so this local pub was the best choice for some good food and beer.

Instant Answers: Luleå

Comments

Luleå Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Luleå restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Luleå sightseeing.