Örebro Favorites

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

The main church in town

by Laura_Mexico Updated Jun 19, 2008

Beautiful church in downtown

Favorite thing: My friends and I just walked by this nice church..... it was the weekend and it was already late so it was closed and we couldn't take a peek inside. But I was very impressed with the building itself so I made this picture. Probably the inside isn't as spectacular anyway because it's a lutheran church and they tend to have a very modest decoration... But the architecture of the building certainly gives more charm to the town's downtown area.

• Religious Travel
    • Architecture

Janellabel's General Tip

by Janellabel Written Sep 12, 2002

Fondest memory: Going for a bikeride early one morning and just wandering the streets taking in the local sights and then buying danishes at a local bakery and doing my best impression of a Swede, of which I failed dismaly at but I did get my danishes and I did get a laugh out of the whole situation.

• Janellabel's Profile Photo

Go see a football game. It is...

by Janellabel Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: Go see a football game. It is definently an experience and you get to see passionate Swede's at their best.
    Although the gentleman next to us expressing himself quite vocally may have been more at home in Melbourne at an Autralian Rules game.

Janellabel's General Tip

by Janellabel Written Sep 12, 2002

Fondest memory: When I was still wandering around one morning aimlessly I found this man in Orebro square painting the medieval St. Nicolai Church . So I sat and watched him paint this church from scratch which turned into an amazing painting.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Orebro, in the centre of...

by Pavlik_NL Updated Sep 8, 2002

Favorite thing: Orebro, in the centre of Sweden en halfway the road from Goteborg to Stockholm. It holds a keyposition here and it's surroundings, called Orebrolan(d). Orebro has a very nice atmosphere of a town that didn't loose it's cosy village-character. The centre is a great shoppingarea and the castle is a robust reminder of it's importants in older days. The castle can be visited.

Fondest memory: Talking to stranger on a terrace and the openess and heartwarming personality of the Swedes in general.

by Nobbe Updated Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: Found this old building on Nikolaigatan near the medieval St. Nicolai Church. If I read the text that was once written on the wall it says: Kungliga Telegrafverket (The Royal Telegraph Company). So this building sure is from the past. Have no idea at all what it is used to these days.

• Nobbe's Profile Photo

Have a visit to Svampen (the...

by Nobbe Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Have a visit to Svampen (the mushroom), a water tower built in 1958. It's called Svampen because of its shape. From the top, over 50 metres above ground level, there is a great view of Örebro. A restaurant and a café allows for special view while devouring. Architect: Sune Lindström.

A Copy of Örebro's 'Svampen' can be found in the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh.

Tourist Information.

by Dizzyhead Updated Feb 7, 2010

Favorite thing: Here you find all information about Örebro and all other destinations and tourist attractions in the region. You also get professional help from well educated guides or people from the tourist office. They love to help you so dont be shy with your questions.

Free maps here.

by Dizzyhead Updated Feb 7, 2010

Favorite thing: At the tourist office you will get free maps and brochures about Örebro and the reion around Örebro. You can also get from other parts of Sweden too. Usually it doesnt cost anything, so just take the things you need and just take it because it is free. In the future maybe it will not be free if we do like this.

• Festivals

• Dizzyhead's Profile Photo

Helpful man in the church.

by Dizzyhead Updated Feb 7, 2010
    This man was very pleasant to talk too.

Favorite thing: Well, when I walked around and took pictures in Örebro I met a very nice guy. He showed me around in the church and told me stories about it. I wish all people could be like that. I also got some left over candles from the church which I use now at home. It is a very good memory of my visit in Örebro. I would call him a local hero with no name. I am bad at names, so of course I forgot his name too.

Fondest memory: When he talked to me and showed me around in the church and gave me some left over candles.

• Religious Travel

by Nobbe Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: Found this building on the island called Stora Holmen in the river Svartån just north of Wadköping. It looked like a small castle with its small towers! =)

by Nobbe Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: The building next to the castle that also looks like a castle is the home of the newspaper Nerikes Allehanda
    . The building was built in 1891.

Instant Answers: Örebro

Comments

Örebro Favorites

Reviews and photos of Örebro favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Örebro sightseeing.