Linköping Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Linköping

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Svenska!

by Marpessa Updated Mar 10, 2011

When I travel abroad and go to a foreign country that doesn't speak English as a first language I usually try to learn some words to help me get by (although since I am staying here so long I have just started language classes). So I'll list some Swedish words here that might help. Don't worry if you can't remember them, just remember the first one, as almost everyone in Linköping speaks some English (most that I have met so far speak it quite fluently).

Do you speak English?: Talar du engelska?
    Hello: hej
    My name is...: Jag heter...
    Yes/No: Ja/Nej
    Please/Thank you: Tack (pronounced like 'Tuhk')
    How are you?: Hur är det?
    Good thanks, and you?: Bra tack, och du?
    Entrance/Exit: Ingång/Utgång
    Cheers: Skål!

I don't understand: Jag förstår inte (förstår = furr-stoar)

For further words or help with Swedish, there is a link below to a good online Swedish-English/English-Swedish dictionary.

• Study Abroad

• Psife's Profile Photo

Air Force Fighters

by Psife Written Oct 23, 2003

In Linköping lies Saab Aerospace, the Swedish company that has produced fighters like The Flying Barrel, Draken, Viggen and the new 4th generation fighter Gripen.

From Linköpings airfield (the same airfield as the airport uses) Saab does test flights at an almost daily basis. Therefor don't be surprised if you hear the roar of an afterburner engine and a sleek fighter screams past above you.

Instant Answers: Linköping

Comments

Linköping Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Linköping local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Linköping sightseeing.