Ängelholm Restaurants

by Sjalen
  • Restaurants
    by Sjalen

Most Recent Restaurants in Ängelholm

• Restaurang Golddragon: Wonderful Thai food outside of Thailand!

by Hellomisssunshine Written May 29, 2011

Me and my husband recently visited Ängelholm - for its nature, its peacefulness, biking and canoeing down the river. This was the last stop on our Sweden roadtrip before heading to Denmark. Little did we know that we would find a thai restaurant of this amazing standard that would send us on a culinary experience! We came back two times during our stay in Ängelholm because we, I particularly, kept dreaming of the food.

Needless to say it had a very authentic taste, but also the service & price was very good and resonable. This especially having been to other parts of Sweden where restaurant prices are in general very high.

Favorite Dish: For me the Pad Thai is superb. I truly believe you can tell whether a restaurant serves good thai food or not from their pad thai and curry. It should be wide flat thai noodles, soaked in that delicious spices and special fish sauce served together with crushed peanuts and lime.

I also tried the woked shrimp with garlic and chili paste dish that my husband ordered. The smell of freshly woked food, together with the fragrant jasmine rice soaking up all the sauce, is simply put all I need to make another trip to Ängelholm in the very near future!

• Camping

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Drinks by the beach

by Sjalen Updated Jul 18, 2006

Out by the beach is this nice bar and restaurant with a summery feel to it as you sit beneath the little palms. As it is by the pleasure boat harbour, it has the sand dunes in front of it so you don't actually see the sea but it is just a short walk there and you are close to the marina with its boat life. The kitchen serves meet and Mediterranean inspired salad buffets which are a great lunch deal. There are also panncakes for the hung over or the children. Lots of locals love to meet here to socialise before or after an evening of partying.

Should you want something more upmarket, there is a supposedly great restaurant out on the beach itself (Klitterhus) with sea views and great fish. Just call to see there isn't a huge wedding party there: http://www.klitterhus.com/

Favorite Dish: I have only had drinks here but the buffet looks great with its sun dried tomatoes and things - especially for the price.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches
    • Singles

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Telegrafen: Town square meeting point

by Sjalen Updated Jul 18, 2006

Ängelholm's British style pub with live music on Fridays. Summertime, most of the action happens in the main square where the restaurant sets up business, and with something for everyone on the menu (prawn starters, garlic bread, steaks and chips/baked potato, grilled pork, burgers, veggie alternative...). Excellent for children in summer as they can play in the car free end of the square which includes a fountain. They are also well catered for and can get smaller portions of some dishes at reduced price. The staff here was very nice to our daughter and really did everything to satisfy her every whim, whether it was extra butter or a third straw for the drink. :) A happy child means happy parents which they clearly understood here. They were also very flexible in their approach, so that having a baked potato rather than the fries on the menu was perfectly OK.

Favorite Dish: Steak, but that's the only thing I tried.

• Trains

Instant Answers: Ängelholm

Comments

Ängelholm Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ängelholm restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ängelholm sightseeing.