Höganäs Travel Guide

• With my most of my host family upon our departure.
    With my most of my host family upon our...
    by Etoile2B
    Höganäs harbour
    by Sjalen
  • My
    My "Makrill" was made by a local child.
    by Etoile2B

Höganäs Things to Do

by Sjalen Updated Oct 3, 2005

Let's face it, unless you're after some pottery bargains or unique designs, this is what you're here for. You can see the peninsula from Höganäs itself and it is a quick drive (or slower bus ride) to both Mölle and Arild villages with their seaside ambience and dramatic cliffside walks.

• Beaches
    • National/State Park
    • Hiking and Walking

by Sjalen Updated Jul 5, 2004

The foot of Kullaberg turned out to be full of clay just perfect for pottery. In 1909, a potter and a glazer realised this and set up the company which has since become world famous, not least because of the Boda Nova plates range, since BodaNova took over the Höganäs factory some years ago. Today, they are both owned by Finnish iitala (glass makers) but still going strong. The jug I mentioned in my intro can be found in their logo on the page below...You can visit the factory outlet and make some nice bargains!

• Höganäs Hotels

1 Hotels in Höganäs

1 Reviews and Opinions

Höganäs Hotels

Höganäs Restaurants

by Sjalen Updated Jul 5, 2004

OK, this is Chinese food the Swedish way, not the China Town in London at all, but as such it is as nice as they come and with friendly staff serving good food.

We first tried calling a harbour restaurant which told us they were full, even though when we later walked passed after a nice evening in the Chinese, it was half empty! Their loss - we were happy with the Taiwan :-)

Favorite Dish: Prawn dishes.

• Seniors

Höganäs Nightlife

by Sjalen Updated Jul 5, 2004

We never tried any of the harbour establishments but this must be where all the life is on summer evenings. A couple of bars and a restaurant, all in typical low wooden harbour buildings by the marina.

• Music
    • Study Abroad

Höganäs Favorites

by Sjalen Updated Jul 5, 2004

Favorite thing: This is the beach as it looks just below Höganäs hostel, with views across to the Kullaberg peninsula. There are plenty of permanent barbecue areas here so all you need to do on a warm summer night is bring the food and some coal :-)

• Beaches
    • Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Höganäs

Comments

Höganäs Travel Guide
Map of Höganäs