Know about this? Rate It!
Day Trip To Foteviken Viking Museum
Foteviken is an open air large replica Viking village built on the site of such a 12th C village, on which artifacts have been found. The village is on the outskirts of the town: Höllviken. It is easily reached via bus 100 (Direction: Pendeln FALSTERBO), leaving from a stand on Norra Vallgatan, across the canal from the train station and bus terminal. The trip takes about 30 min to the first bus stop in Höllviken: Höllviken Halörsvägen. It is a bit difficult to find the museum as there are few signs. From the stop walk back in the direction you came, to the footpath just before the traffic circle. Turn left and walk about 2 km, making some more left turns. The village is on the coast. The complex comprises a museum building with gift shop, a wooden wall, houses, workshops, a Great Hall and sacrificial area. Replica Viking boats are anchored in the water. Staff are dressed in period costumes and demonstrate the old Viking skills. Take the interesting free tour to get the most out of your visit. Visit the town before returning to Malmo (use the centrum bus stop).
- Historical Travel
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Malmö Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Thousand Islands Hotels
- Regina Hotels
- Port Dickson
- Mactaquac Provincial Park Hotels
- Cornwallis Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path