Know about this? Rate It!
Record Breaking Bridge
The Oeresund Bridge in Malmo, Sweden, was completed in the summer of 2000. The bridge connects Sweden with Denmark, and is the worlds longest bridge carrying both road and railway traffic. Crossing the bridge costs 230DKK/280SEK (About 30Eur), return and multiple use tickets are available.
- Road Trip
One of the principal causes which have induced us to go to Germany through Scandinavia, was our desire to see the well-known bridge through the passage of Öresund. It would be desirable to see with own eyes this remarkable engineering construction of the end of the XX century.
The bridge has about 20 kilometers in length. The most part of the bridge represents a dam laid through the passage. The tunnel under the passage has some kilometers in length. The most impressive part of the bridge - direct above water. It is a unforgettable show!
We've paid 32 euros for this pleasure and 10 minutes trip through the Baltic sea.
- Road Trip
Take local bus No. 12 A to its final destination of Sibbarp. Sibbarp is located at the shores of the Oresund and offers fabulous views to the Oresund Bridge. You can also go for a swim or a walk around Sibbarp and the marina.
- Budget Travel
The bridge connecting Sweden and Denmark isn't just a bridge. It's also a tunnel. The best view of the bridge is from the swedish side, since the bridge is closer to Sweden than Danemark.
The cost of driving a private car over is 280 SEK! Far cheaper to take the train
It's possible to run accross the bridge at the half maraton. Visit www.broloppet.com for more information.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Malmö Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Manasota Key Hotels
- Wilsonia Hotels
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Sequoia National Park
- Muskegon State Park Hotels
- New Plymouth Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path