Pubs and fun, Malmö

Proper Barstools
    Pub Frontage
    Gleaming Handpumps
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Another Cracking Pub - AND Affordable!

by johngayton Written Mar 18, 2012

Pub Frontage

I think I caught this pub during its "Happy Hour" since my receipt says "Happy Tuborg 51.00" which is a bit more like it for a beer (the export strength one of course) in another atmospheric traditional-style pub.

The Bullen has a great local feel with proper barstools occupied by what were obviously regulars. The cheery, and rather attractive, barmaid immediately switched to English as I ordered and settled in amongst the bar crowd and I spent a very pleasant half-hour here savouring my 51 SEK beer and soaking up the ambience.

If I ever get back to Malmo I reckon I'll start with this pub purely for the anasthetic effect of a couple of cheap beers to dull the pain of the expensive ones to follow - HIC!

• Beer Tasting
    • Hiking and Walking

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Cracking Pub - Shame About The Prices!

by johngayton Written Mar 18, 2012

Gleaming Handpumps

I'm not usually a big fan of the "English Pub Abroad" but every so often I do appreciate a pint of unfizzy beer (for reasons that are immediately obvious should you ever meet up with me in Europe ;-p) and here at The Bishops Arms they stocked one of my absolute favourites - Fullers ESB, along with as good a range of other independent British brewery beers.

Not only did they stock ESB but it was perfectly kept and served at exactly the correct temperature. The pub itself succesfully manages to recreate both the look and atmosphere of a slightly upmarket Victorian London boozer and the guy serving was chatty and knowledgeable about what he we was selling.

The long bar, with its gleaming row of handpumps and proper barstools, was exactly the sort of egalitarian space a bar should be with a relaxed bunch of regulars variously chatting or reading the papers, which I think were provided and so I spent a very pleasant hour or so in their company.

I also spent a rather painful 158 SEK on two pints (more expensive than my lunch had been) but Ach, such is life - my pleasures are never cheap ;-)

• Hiking and Walking
    • Beer Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• bonio's Profile Photo

Konserthus

by bonio Written Jun 7, 2005

I've always wanted to see a Lou Reed concert, I've been very close many times but here it happened and I didn't know about it until around 10 days before we left home. Many thanks to sjalen for advising me how to buy tickets.
    Enjoyed ourselves in a good theatre for watching and listening.

Instant Answers: Malmö