Know about this?
Malmö (along with Stockholm and Lund) are the cities in Sweden where cheating with prices seem worst when it comes to taxi rides. Be aware of this and do not hop into just any taxi you see at the Central station rank or elsewhere. Look for taxis with prints on the side of the cars and not just a taxi light on the roof. Some "companies" have been known to charge tourists 300 crowns for the short ride from the station to the Hilton hotel - a journey locals would pay 60 crowns for...If you know you will be travelling on a busy day, you can call a taxi in advance to make sure you find a reliable one at the station but I have never taken this measure myself yet, I just wait a little in that event.
My favourite company is Taxi 97 (see below) which cost 79 crowns anywhere in Malmö (i.e. a good deal for me) on a weekday but I will also happily use the well established Taxi Skåne (again, see below or look for the red griffin logo) and Taxi Kurir (with branches in all major Swedish towns, look for the two arrows logo).
- Sailing and Boating
- Food and Dining
- Business Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Malmö Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Provincia de Samaná Hotels
- Kiryu Hotels
- Flic-en-Flacq Hotels
- Gadag Hotels
- Stalowa Wola
- Las Médulas
- People / The Homeless
- Mammoth Lakes Warnings and Dangers
- Lago di Garda Warnings and Dangers
- Driving / Traffic
- Estado de Yucatán Warnings and Dangers
- Ha Long Warnings and Dangers
- Thessaloniki Warnings and Dangers
- Beware of strong sun
- Santander Warnings and Dangers
- South Korea Warnings and Dangers
- Rift Valley Province Warnings and Dangers