Know about this?
Motorhomes are targets for burglaries in Malmö
In broad daylight my motorhome was robbed in Malmö at the car parking close to the central train station.
It happened when I was on the way back home to Germany after a two months tour through Norway, Finland and Sweden. I just stopped for 2 hours in Malmö before heading to Denmark.
The main damage were: Camera equipment with about 8,000 pics, Laptop and souvenirs were gone - even toilet articles like wet shaver etc. were in the focus :(
The police reported that criminals are concentrating on motor homes. The closeness to the border and the seaport attracts those criminals, the stolen goods can be quickly brought abroad !
But, happiness in misery - police in Brussels sized the laptop 4 weeks later from a tourist, he bought the laptop from the street. The police checked the laptop and found fortunately my phone number :))) . The thieves left some traces on the Laptop see video
This was already the second break-in in Sweden. The first happened in the first night after entering Sweden on the highway A6 to Oslo on same trip. We were sleeping on the rest place Erikslund, close to Ängelholm in the alcove when burglars opened the locked right front door and took away all the belongings they could reach from the driver's cabin. After our return, the German Embassy from Stockholm informed us that the empty handbag was found close to the incident - but without valuables of course. The police obtained our address from a ignored credit card which was of no use anymore - it was blocked anyway.
- Road Trip
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Malmö Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Serpent Mound State Memorial Hotels
- Surat Hotels
- Pulau Batam Hotels
- De Kennemerduinen Hotels
- Areas to avoid
- Vienna Warnings and Dangers
- Belfast Warnings and Dangers
- Corpus Christi Warnings and Dangers
- Nürnberg Warnings and Dangers
- Dublin Warnings and Dangers
- Phnom Penh Warnings and Dangers
- Porto Warnings and Dangers
- Argentina Warnings and Dangers
- Nicaragua Warnings and Dangers
- Sint Maarten Warnings and Dangers
- Naples Warnings and Dangers