Sundby Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Sundby

• Nalle_Bear's Profile Photo

Watching some tv :-)

by Nalle_Bear Written Sep 26, 2005

It's really crazy, but my mom sometimes doesn't let me work on the computer.... growl, growl..... Not good!!! Please everyone write to her that I SHOULD be on the computer ---> *looking at all of you with my big brown eyes.... no one can resist those, hihi, so please start writing :-)))) *

If I am not on the computer, I mostly sit beside my travelmom watching her work on the computer. But sometimes I just cuddle up in my cosy fleece and watch tv. The remote control is a tiny bit big, lol, and the buttons are hard to reach with my little paws, but it is nice anyway. My favourite channel is the Animal Planet and watch programs about bears :-)

watching some tv :-)

• Nalle_Bear's Profile Photo

Writing to my friends! :-)

by Nalle_Bear Updated Sep 16, 2005

I loooove my friends here on VT! My special big friend is Nobby (Norbaert) and his travelmom. They are so nice!!!! I try to write to them as much as I can. But as I am only a little bear, writing an email isn't so easy!!!! But it works! My little bear paws are too small to type. But I have found a good trick!!! I just hop around with my big bum on the keyboard. And if I jump on it hard enough, I can type a letter :-))))) Hahaha, maybe I should put this tip under sports tips, as jumping around like that is very exhausting!!!!!

Apples for free!

by sim1 Updated Oct 29, 2003

If you click on the picture you can see it a little bit better; the sign above the apples says :

Var så God!
    Tag för dig!

Hahaha, my Swedish is not so good, so I'll give you a free translation of this sign : Please, take some apples!
    I saw these apples and this welcoming sign on a bicycle tour around the countryside. It was a beautiful day, and a fresh apple would taste great! So I made a stop to take this picture and of course taste one of these nice apples!
    I think this gesture fits so well in the Swedish culture. People are friendly and helpful. They probably have too many apples like I did, but it still is great that they take the effort to pick them and share them with everyone along the way that fancies having an apple.

Apples for free!

Apple Cider

by sim1 Updated Oct 28, 2003

Oops.... picking apples has one problem.... I have too many apples to eat all at once! Hahaha, and you can only eat a certain amount of homemade apple sauce and apple pie as well, lol. So how about some apple cider? No problem at all! As there are so many apples around, lots of people would like to have some apple cider. Close to Strängnas there is a little farm that will make home made apple cider from your apples. So instead of buckets full of apples, I now have bottles full of apple cider. Hahaha.... guess what you are having for a drink when you visit me, lol :-)))

Making apple cider

Picking apples in my backgarden

by sim1 Updated Oct 28, 2003

It can't get more local than this picture! Hahaha, this is me picking apples in my back garden :-) I love gardening, so and on a nice day, the garden is the place where you will probably find me.
    I am fortunate enough to have gotten a house with a beautiful garden and of course with this apple tree! But having an appletree is not all that surprising; a lot of people in Sweden seem to have apple trees in their garden. There are many varieties of apples in Sweden. In general they are smaller than the usual apples like 'Golden Delicious', but they are great in taste. So if you are shopping for apples you really should give these varieties a try!

Picking apples in my backgarden

Instant Answers: Sundby

Comments

Sundby Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Sundby local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sundby sightseeing.