Sigtuna Restaurants

Tant Grön
    by Sjalen

Best Rated Restaurants in Sigtuna

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Café Myntet: on the expensive side for a café

by marielexoteria Updated Dec 16, 2007

Café Myntet is a nice, cozy place where I had a great foccacia sandwich. There are 4 fillings to choose from and the one I chose was prosciutto and mozzarella. Overall I'm satisfied with the food and the place, but there were 3 things that I feel I should warn other VT members about. First of all, their glass of juice was too small for what they were charging (25 SEK). I also feel that their prices a bit too high for what they offer, but that's just me. Finally, I sat at the bar because there were no empty tables (which is a good thing for them),and noticed that if you want to order some of their pasta dishes they take it from a fridge and warm it on the microwave. That is, they don't make it on order. I guess their food is good enough to have people coming in and out, because at 1:30'ish pm the place was full.

Good things, other than the foccacia sandwich: as far as I saw, all the dishes (except for desserts) included salad, which is good. Their blackberry and their raspberry pies looked appetizing and they gave plenty of vanilla sauce to those who ordered it. Also they have big mugs for tea and big cinnamon buns. The personnel did its best to satisfy some needy customers when they changed their orders twice.

• Båthuset: Eat on a floating restaurant

by sofia28 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Dont miss this charming little floating restaurant in the very small Sigtuna harbour. Only open for dinner from 5.
    Always new menues, excellent service, always very good, price worthy.

Favorite Dish: The seafood dishes.

• Archeology

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

various: Cosy cafés

by Sjalen Written Mar 6, 2003

You won't go hungry here. We ate at a friend's house so I can't recommend anything particular but there are several little restaurants along the main streets as well as nice cafés in wooden houses, often with gardens. Try "Tant Grön" (a character in a childrens story) in Stora Gatan for a typical café.

Tant Gr��n
    • School Holidays

• Café Myntet: Worst café in Sigtuna

by Kapten Written Oct 11, 2009

Bad food and terrible service at Café Myntet in Sigtuna -- beware! The fillet of beef my wife ordered was a grey piece of meat. My daugther's chicken skewers were ice cold and tasted like fish fingers. When I complained, I was told I had "problems". Finally they put the dish with chicken in the microwave oven -- including the garnish and salad -- and served it to us again. Nasty!

Our lunch at Café Myntet in Sigtuna pretty much destroyed our stay in Sigtuna.

Favorite Dish: The stuff I tried was no hit.

• El_Sueco's Profile Photo

Sigtuna Krog: When you get hungry ...

by El_Sueco Written Oct 30, 2004

Centrally placed, wide windows, calm atmosphere, good cooking.

Favorite Dish: Grilled meat with bernaise sauce, pommes frites or some fish on mushed potates

Evening meal at Sigtuna Krog

Instant Answers: Sigtuna

Comments

Sigtuna Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sigtuna restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sigtuna sightseeing.