Know about this? Rate It!
~ THE CHINESE PAVILION~ A...
~ THE CHINESE PAVILION~
A small palace in the grounds of Drottningholm. Built 1753 as a birthday present to queen Lovisa Ulrika. Built in a chinese inspired style which at that time was the height of fashion in Europe.
~ DROTTNINGHOLMS CASTLE~...
~ DROTTNINGHOLMS CASTLE~
The castle is open MAY-AUG daily 10-4:30
SEPT daily 12-3:30
OCT-APRIL Sa-Su 12-3:30
There is a bicycle path from the centre of Stockholm to Drottningholm.
Outside Stockholm, at...
Outside Stockholm, at Drottningholm, where the Royal family live, there is an authentic theatre from the 18:th century. You can visit it and have a guided tour behind the stage, seeing the old, theatre machinery, decorations, etc. In the summer, they give opera performances - if you like opera - please go to one! You will feel as if you have been taken back 300 years in time!
(while you are at it, you may visit the palace as well during daytime, most tourists do that... and the park is really nice!)
Have a visit to The Chinese...
Have a visit to The Chinese Pavilion at Drottningholm. The Chinese Pavilion is a small pleasure palace in the grounds of Drottningholm. The first pavilion, a prefabricated building, was erected here in 1753 as a birthday present to Queen Lovisa Ulrika. It was built in a Chinese-inspired style which at that time was the height of fashion in Europe. The present building replaced it ten years later. The Chinese Pavilion combines the European Rococo with exotic illusions to China. The lacquer-red wall and sculptural decorations of the façades testify to a close knowledge of Chinese architecture, but the main structure of the building is emphatically European.
For more photos about the Chinese Pavilion, please have look at my Drottningholm travelogue to the upper right.
The king and the Queen of Sweden and their children lives here.
~DROTTNINGHOLM'S PALACE ~...
~DROTTNINGHOLM'S PALACE ~
Take a boat from City Hall, going every half Hour.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Stockholm Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Chebba Hotels
- Villaricos Hotels
- Port Huron Hotels
- Clearwater Beach
- Raiwala Hotels
- Mackinac Island
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path