Know about this? Rate It!
A unique café
On the northern side of Skeppsholmen island, overlooking Djurgården with the Vasa museum, Gröna Lund amusement park and Skansen across the water we stumbled upon a most peculiar small café. It consists of the small yellow building in the picture and is open "wednesday to sunday when sunny". The beverages and cookies and buns are all home made and the porcelain you drink from looks like something you would find at your grand-ma somewhere in Sweden in the 1970's.
We sat down about 1 meter from the water for a rest and it was really nice. I warmly recommend this place for a cup of coffee if you're around!
- Budget Travel
Make up your own fairy-tale about Stockholm
Wandering at the Stockholm streets just look around attentively and you will for sure find out the places where the heros of your childhood live :)
Isn't it the roof house of Karlson (from Astrid Lindgren story)? ;-)
- Family Travel
Skeppsholmen - view of Gamla Stan
The shore path of Skeppsholmen offers several vantage points from which to gain an apprieciation of Stockholm's situation: there are excellent views of Södermalm to the south and of Gamla Stan to the west.
- Historical Travel
Skeppsholmen - the Royal Academy of Fine Arts
This handsome structure was an 18th century naval barracks. Now it has been "recycled" at the "Kungliga Konsth?gskolan" - the Royal Academy of Fine Arts. It truly gleams in the winter sun. The students here are fortunate in being able to take advantage of the nearby Moderna Museet - Museum of Modern Art - which however was closed for mold when I visited the city in 2003.
- Arts and Culture
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Official Site
- Official Site Official Site Official Site
Stockholm Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bishan Park Hotels
- Fort Ticonderoga Hotels
- Dipolog City
- Kiryas Joel Hotels
- Washington D.C.
- Booktown Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path