What to pack for Stockholm

Free Stockholm maps (2014)
    by HORSCHECK
    Comfortable shoes
    by gugi66
    Beautiful Stockholm
    by sue_stone

Most Viewed What to Pack in Stockholm

• blue-viggen's Profile Photo

by blue-viggen Written Aug 26, 2002

Luggage and bags: travel light,, it always my advice to anyone

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: walking shoes and warm clothes if you visit in winter,,you may like crisp cold air but this is beyond cold

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: bring most of your things with you as toiletries can start to get expensive if you need to buy imported things

• l_joo's Profile Photo

by l_joo Written Aug 25, 2002

Luggage and bags: Okay now you can pack this arch back but I think it's too heavy, lol. This is another photo I took while we still expecting Stockholm on the highway, the bus driver has so much easy time stop down for a rest telling a those stories about his arch, as usual those ancient kind of history but I just couldn't remember, anyway this arch was so beautiful, it's not only a arch but abondoned building or castle something...so just pack it with you, enjoy my story.

• budapest8's Profile Photo

by budapest8 Written Aug 25, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Warm clothes...umbrella....good shoes....

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: the usual

Photo Equipment: You can buy more than everything here.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: birthday suite for Midsummer.

Miscellaneous: Plenty of money!!!
    You can't buy liquor in bottles after 6 P.M. Friday until Monday morning.

No booze!!No smoking!! ....

• mirah's Profile Photo

by mirah Written Aug 25, 2002

Luggage and bags: Winter: bring warm clothes or get them here. It's extremely cheap to buy winter clothes here after christmas when there's sales everywhere.

Summer: bring at least some warm clothes, like jeans, sweater, jacket.
    Daytrip: bring warm sweater, umbrella, sunglasses and bikini. You never know. The layer principle will do. When sun turns up you must be able to take of layer after layer. Even though it is may be somewhat hot in the sun sometimes (and the sun here is cruel for skin and eyes), the shade may be cold.

• SheDragon's Profile Photo

by SheDragon Written Aug 24, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: One item of clothing that I forgot to pack on my second trip to Stockholm and missed terribly was a light, waterproof jacket or coat. If you've got one with a hood, even better. Basically, the weather was comfortable, but occasionally got chilly enough that I wished I had a light coat. Also, on cloudy days, the rain comes in little spurts that sometimes you can even walk around. The rain isn't hard enough to call for an umbrella in these little spurts, but a light jacket would have been great.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Before I went to Sweden, I never imagined how different toiletries could be in a different country. Do not expect to find the same shampoo, soap, etc that you use at home. The one thing I had trouble finding was nail polish remover. From what I understand, Swedish nail polish remover is just acetone, which acts a bit different than what we are used to here in the States. Also, Palmolive makes a body wash in Sweden that didn't do much for me. The smell was a bit overpowering for me. Another thing I found surprising was the lack of washcloths. I still have not figured out how women wash without them, but they are much less common in Sweden than they are in the States. As far as medicine is concerned, the only need I had was for a decongestant. I developed a head cold about halfway through my second visit, and ended up using something called Bromahexin. It is similar to Sudafed here in the States. It doesn't appear to have antihistamines, so didn't knock me out, and it did help my cold.

• telsoar's Profile Photo

by telsoar Updated Aug 24, 2002

Luggage and bags: Do not check through Schipol unless you are willing to lose your luggage. In other words, if you MUST check, carry on several changes of clothing. Lost coming AND going.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Light jackets and good walking shoes in Spring. Umbrellas.

• Kiisu's Profile Photo

Local Currency

by Kiisu Written Aug 24, 2002

Miscellaneous: I found it quite convenient to buy some foreign currency from my local bank BEFORE departing overseas. I paid a small premium, but it was so nice to walk off that red-eye flight and head straight out without having to stand in some line to exchange currency!

Stockholm Hotels

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Quality Hotel Nacka
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews

Instant Answers: Stockholm

Comments

Stockholm What to Pack

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Stockholm locals.
Map of Stockholm