Soldaten Svejk, Stockholm

• Soldaten Svejk
    by Minde
  • Soldaten Svejk: Poor Service

by david6040 Written Jul 29, 2011

I asked about the beers. The waitress was clearly impatient, so I settled for her recommendation. I was ready to order food, but she was gone before I could speak. Two guys came in and ordered their beer and food. They got their beer before I got mine. When my beer arrived, the waitress did not offer to take my food order. She didn’t stop moving. The two guys got their food! A family was seated by the hostess. The waitress went to the family and took their order. I caught her eye three times and I know she saw me, but she didn’t come to my table until I stared at her. I complained about the other people getting better service. She complained that I had to tell her my order. Since she had given me no opportunity to place an order for food, I stopped asking for service and left. Not recommended.

• Beer Tasting

• Minde's Profile Photo

Soldaten Svejk: Great Czech beer and food

by Minde Written Jul 15, 2005

This simple and unpretentious pub is located in the bohemian, relaxed, "come as you are" area of Stockholm - Södermalm, fondly known as Söder. Has a great selection of beers (not expensive, but not the cheapest place at Söder either) and great Czech (inspired) food (good value for money!).

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Soldaten Svejk: Czech delicacies

by Sjalen Updated Sep 28, 2004

Soldaten Svejk (Soldier Svejk).
    For a start it is on Söder which is good if you want a pub crawl later on. Secondly, it is a Czech restaurant with a very genuine feel to it and of course loads of proper Czech pils! The only thing I don't like is the opening hours. Lunch and then not again until early evening. Never late afternoons when I have been out walking and am starving :-)))

Favorite Dish: Deep fried Czech cheese.

Instant Answers: Stockholm

Comments

Hotels Near Soldaten Svejk
4.0 out of 5 stars