Been here? Rate It!
Zum Franziskaner: A German name, but reindeer on the menu
Very centrally located, a place with a warm welcoming atmosphere.
Favorite Dish: The herrings were good, as we expected and also the reindeer meat. I liked also the Wiener Schnitzel, but I was suprised at seeing it decorated with an anchovy and some capers: not exactly Vienna style!
- Family Travel
- Business Travel
Zum Franziskaner: Old seaside German
Allegedly Stockholm's oldest German restaurant and beer house, you get the food and drink you expect and in good portions. It also has the benefit of being along the quays of the Old Town so if you sit by a window you will have great views of the maritime life outside.
Favorite Dish: Hm...I mainly go here to have a beer with my dad when I'm in town and we stroll around.
- Sailing and Boating
- Beer Tasting
zum franziskaner: A scam
The food is nothing special, but it is quite expensive. When you enter this restaurant, you are forced to used the coat hanger ... and when you leave you have to pay for this service .. especially if you are a foreigner. To sum it up iti is unfriendly, hostile, a typical tourist trap ... avoid it if you can, there are so many nice places in town!
- Historical Travel
- Castles and Palaces
Zum Franziskaner - Stockholm: Stay away from this !!!
I went there a few days ago and it was terrible!First of all they forgot our order so when people who has arrived after was attended before us!
We said it to both the waitresses and they justified it saying that :
- that day there was only a cook ( for more or less fifty people that were in the local !!! )
- the wait depend on the dishes you have ordered ( but we ordered two goulasch and they arrived apart with a distance of 20 minutes ,and after more than a hour ....)
- to wait ten minutes ... ( maybe they mean 100 minutes ... )
Scared by the cold outside we decided to wait and the result was:
-all the plates arrived after one hour and a half we have ordered (mine after exactly 105 minutes !)
- to recover the delay they cooked all very fastly and the result was that the food has a very bad taste.
In conclusion guys stay away from this!!! There are restaurants in Stockholm where the cost is the same (like Kvarnen)but where you can eat a lot better and not after a wait of one hour and a half !!!
- Family Travel
- Study Abroad
Zum Franziskaner: Zum Franziskaner
The German restaurant is designed in Jugend Style. Pleasant music and friendly waitresses.
Favorite Dish: Here you find the typical German Bratwurst amongst Swedish dishes.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Stockholm Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Perth Hotels
- Dumaguete City Hotels
- Accra Hotels
- Crescent Junction Hotels
- Shiloh National Military Park Hotels
- North America
- Ethiopia Hotels
- Sedona Hotels
- Bradford Hotels
- Riva del Garda
- Nettles Island Hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City