Frösunda Travel Guide

• Frösunda
  • Frösunda

Frösunda Things to Do

by bpacker Written Jul 28, 2005

We found a couple of apples trees behind the inn. How lovely, they were rather big and hanging ripe and red on the branches.

Frösunda Restaurants

Cheers to the Bride and Groom

by bpacker Updated Mar 29, 2006

Following my friend's wedding in an ancient Scandic church, a warm wedding reception awaited us at the inn. Before the wedding meal was served, we toasted the bride and groom with lots and lots of champagne, laughter and wild raspberries!

Favorite Dish: Somehow, the tart taste of the wild raspberries complimented the sweetness of champagne. It made a delicious wedding toast. I tried putting strawberries into champagne when I returned to Singapore but it didn't taste the same..

The sizzling wedding cake,Fr��sunda

by bpacker Updated Mar 29, 2006

Following my friend's wedding in an ancient Scandic church in Frosunda, a warm wedding reception awaited us at the inn...first a delicious buffet, followed by a sizzling cake!

Favorite Dish: After getting high on Swedish schnapps and moose meat, I thought the wedding meal was over when lo, the lights dimmed and the cook wheeled in the wedding cake that sizzled, popped and fizzed! Was it a Swedish tradition to serve such a spectacular wedding cake? If it was, what a delightful tradition! Everything clapped their hands in delight as the beautiful bride and groom cut their sizzling cake and proceeded to share it with everyone. Reader, the sweet cream-covered cake was delicious.

A Wedding Sm��rg��sbord in Fr��sunda

by bpacker Updated Jul 28, 2005

Following my friend's wedding in an ancient Scandic church, a warm wedding reception awaited us at the inn. What a delicious sight it was. Looking at the beautiful spread warmed the cockles of my heart and my ...frozen feet and hands. Earlier, I had froze inside a stone church that was as cold as my sub-z meat compartment. Ah, this was the way to thaw..

Favorite Dish: Mounds of soft rolls, salty smoked salmon, savoury moose meat and delicious cheese awaited us. My first wedding smörgåsbord in Scandinavia was definitely memorable. I promptly showed my appreciation to my host by tucking into the meal with fervour. Everything was delicious, including the moose meat. Surprisingly, it did not have a strong smell but it tasted a lot like lean beef. I washed everything down with lots of swedish shnapps.

Frösunda Transportation

Fr��sunda Train Station, deserted

by bpacker Updated Jul 25, 2005

Despite the foreign sounding name, Frösunda is surprsingly accessible. Thanks to the groom's helpful sister, we learnt how to get there independently and cheaply by train. Seriously, no thanks at all to my friend's garbled instructions and the blurry map circa 1960. Here's the instructions in case you need to attend a wedding at Frösunda too:)

First, we took the efficient T-bana ( Stockholm's tube ) to the station where there was a technical institute "Tekniska Högskolan" . We alighted, got out the station and changed to a suburban train(Citypendeln) that was labelled "Märsta". We dropped along Frösunda along the way. Click on the website for details on the T-bana and the suburban train.

Instant Answers: Frösunda

Comments

Frösunda Travel Guide
Map of Frösunda