The history of the Holy Trinity Church (Helga Trefaldighets Kyrka) dates back to the 13th century, when it was built of granite and brick on the site of an even older church.
The tower was added much later in the 15th century. It is equipped with a sundial on its southern side. At the beginning of the early 18th century the church was massively damaged by fire and later rebuilt.
Among locals the church is also known as Farmers Church (Bondkyrkan).
The Holy Trinity Church is located about 200 metres south of Uppsala Cathedral, right in the heart of the city.
This church is just next to Uppsala Cathedral. It was consecrated in 1343. Since then it has been built out and renovated many times. Some of the wall decorations are from the 14th and 15th century but most decorations are from the beginning of the 20th century.