Uppsala Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Uppsala

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Swedish crones trap

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Oct 23, 2006

I've already wrote on my Stockholm-page about those misadventures which trap the tourist who has forgotten to change their money for Swedish crones. A punishment for our forgetfulness has overtaken us in Uppsala. When we arrived to this city and tried to park the car in the center, I recollected with horror, that I do not have Swedish crones. Having parked the car to the automatic device I ran to search for exchange office. While I was running, the receipt on the penalty of 350 Swedish crones was already on my windshield! But I still did not changed money!
    I would find 10 exchange offices in the center of Moscow for 10 minutes. In Uppsala I have not found any!

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

by travelfrosch Written Jul 16, 2006

Gamla Uppsala Museum

On the grounds of Gamla Uppsala, there's a small and expensive museum. Apparently, the main exhibit is grandstand seating in front of a picture window overlooking the burial mounds. Entry is SEK 50 for adults, SEK 30 for children. Families (2 adults and 1 or more children) may enter for SEK 100. The building is pretty from the outside, though.

Unique Suggestions: Well, I suppose you could consider your admission fee as a donation toward the upkeep of the site, since admission to the rest of the site is free.

Fun Alternatives: Stay outside and explore the burial mounds yourself.

• Archeology

Instant Answers: Uppsala

Comments

Uppsala Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Uppsala tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Uppsala sightseeing.