Karlstad Local Customs

• Rojo72's Profile Photo

Re-use of graves

by Rojo72 Written Jul 9, 2005

Sign on re-usable grave

This tip should actually go under "Sweden" as it concerns all of the country but to put this tip alone there would make my country seem worse than Attila the Hun so I put it here instead.

If you have read my things to do tip you might want to head to the western grave yard and please do. Just remember not to expect to find really old graves. Most of those are namely gone. In Sweden you buy the "right of the grave" for a defined period of time, mostly 25 or 50 years. After that your relatives may prolong it by buying a new right for the next 25 or 50 years. If noone claims the grave and pays for it the right of the grave goes back to the authorities and a new person may be put to rest on taht spot.

The sign in the picture is put on an empty grave and it reads "The rights of this grave have been returned to the grave yard authorities, if you have any question call this number".

• Religious Travel

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Svarta and it's lake are for...

by Pavlik_NL Written Sep 8, 2002

Svarta and it's lake are for me places that I hold close to my heart. This little village was our basecamp from where we explored the middle Swedish countryside. The wonderful people we met (Mia Danielson, Lisa Aspelof in particular) made the visit to this country to a wonderful event.

Instant Answers: Karlstad

Comments

Karlstad Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Karlstad local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Karlstad sightseeing.