Tärnasjön Things to Do

two local ladies

Most Recent Things to Do in Tärnasjön

Winter 8 month a year...

Winter

It's quite hard to understand, but after spoken to the locals I learned about their "summer". I do live in a quite cold snowy climate in Sundsvall. But here they have no summer, just 4 weeks of intense spring....Said by a local...

Arctic Char

Arctic Char 1,4KG

We got a lot of fish this day, about 50-60 Chars but this fish was the dot over the i!

1.4KG and a lovely dinner! :-)
    See how red this beautiful fish is, the red is characteristic for Arctic Char. The are almost that red inside too.

Rod

My rods

Ok, for those who're not interested I totally understand. This is some fishing tips and I know that not everyone loves fishing!

To catch Arctic Char you'll need some quite heavy rods. They usually love worms but it can not be found at all in this area. Maggots works great!
    Fish at shallow places with small and fast jerks.

The ice on the lake was about 1,2 meters, but at some places the drills wasn't enough to get through the ice....

The Lake

Avalanche

The area aroung the lake was full off suprises, we did no expect to see a big avalanche this day but we did!! The lake is surrounded with steep mountains that are windswepted.
    I remember that i could hear a noise but I didn't knew what it was, I just turned my head and there it was!
    Nothing but Mountain Birch was destroyed.

Landed on the lake

Lake T��rna

This is the southen part of the large lake, some small cabbins are located here and there are also possibilities to get water and make a fire.
    We stoped here to take a...

I remember that we saw ptarmigans sitting on the ground, although I didn't had the possibility to grab my camera to take a picture.

Södra Storfjället, South Great Mountains

Sytertoppen

This is quite unique for me, I'm often hiking in this area in the summers and this is the second time I'm up on South Great Mountains on a winter. The surroundings are amazing.

Just inhale the fresh air and feel the total genuine freedom.

Two Locals

two local ladies

We met a lot of people on our way and these were the most generous. The coffee break contained Smoked Reindeer, local Flatbread, Home-made Lappish Pizza with Elk and some milk. My favourite is always the Lappish Pizza with Cheese,Raindeer Sausage and Tomatoes.

Early morning

me

Early morning and we're ready to leave again, the sun didn't really warm my face up that had frozen some during the night but it was a glorious morning!
    I'm sitting on my snowmobile and just waiting for my friend to get ready

• dave_21's Profile Photo

My stay during the night

Shelter

Yes, I stayed here with my friend in this little shelter. The only thing that was a problem with this shelter was that you couldn't close the door properly so during the night the winds brought in lots of snow and when I woke up I thought that a minor avalanche had hit us..

• Hiking and Walking

Evening

by dave_21 Updated Apr 12, 2003

The sun strikes the mountain in a beautiful way. The evning is here and we were on our way home back to the camp.

Roof of snow

Roof of snow

A roof of snow is wating to fall down, I could not stand and wait for it...
    I'm standing 2-4KM away from the mountain so you can imagine the size of the mountain.

Holy Mountain

Sytertoppen 1797m

This is the holy mountain for our "indians", the Sami's.
    They used to sacrifice things on the top.
    The mountain is Sytertoppen, 1797 m.

Great Hights

Great Silence

The weather often change in mountain areas but this day everything stood completely still. No wind, no noise, no clouds. Just me and the total stillness.

Instant Answers: Tärnasjön

Comments

Tärnasjön Travel Guide

Tärnasjön Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Tärnasjön things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tärnasjön sightseeing.