Smaka, Göteborg

• Smaka
    by A2002
  • A2002's Profile Photo

Smaka: Swedish Meat balls..

by A2002 Updated Jan 6, 2004

This restaurant was recommended in the tourist brochure for restaurants. Furthermore, I was recommended to go to this restaurant for a taste of authentic swedish meatball by the receptionist in my hotel.

Favorite Dish: I only tried Swedish meatballs. Everybody who visit this restaurant seems to only eat Swedish meat balls.

I was thrilled when my order was served in front of me. I got 6 meat balls, plus a big lump of mashed potatoes.

Unfortunately, the meatballs were too salty for my taste, and I could not finish it. The mashed potatoes taste salty as well.

The Sainsbury in Loughborough sells Swedish meatballs better to my taste and much cheaper...

• Smaka is a good restaurant...

by caroline_d Written Aug 24, 2002

Smaka is a good restaurant with a very varied menue if you want to taste some of the Swedish specialities like meatballs with cranberries.
    Not very expensive you get food for under 100 Skr. You find vegitarian dishes as well as meet and fish.
    The staff is nice and not 'pushy'. In the evenings it's a very popular bar where people go not just to eat.

Favorite Dish: Sorry folks but I must say Meetballs or Moose burgers with cranberry sauce

Instant Answers: Göteborg

Comments

Hotels Near Smaka
4.0 out of 5 stars