Food Hall, Göteborg
The big market in Gothenburg is located at Kungstorget in the centre of the city. The initiative for the market was taken by S. A. Hedlund and the city council took the decision to build it 16 June 1887. The market was built between 1888-1889 and it was drawn by the architect Hans Hedlund. Originally it consisted of 92 shops.
25 January 1889 there was an auction where the rental price for each shop was auctioned. The total rental price for all shops became 46 305 SEK each year and all shops apart form six, was rented. 1 February 1889 the sale of groceries started.