Know about this?
Avoid Gothenburg in the autumn and winter
Although I would defend Gothenburg against all kinds of accusations I can't really deny that the weather during the autumn and winter is crap. It's raining, it's windy, it's cold and everything is crap. Sometimes it does snow, but that isn't very often, and soon enough it gets back to raining again...
So make sure to visit Gothenburg in the spring (preferably from the end of April) or summer (until the end of September nowadays). Then the weather most of the time is great, warm enough to go without a jacket/just in t-shirt and not so windy either.
If you are in Göteborg by car...
If you are in Göteborg by car during wintertimes be careful while driving around. It's not uncommon to have snow. It can be very slippery and most Swedish cars have 4 wheel drive or winter tires. So be prepared.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Göteborg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Independant State of Samoa
- Saddle Mountain State Park Hotels
- Bad Ischl
- Raven Rock State Park Hotels
- Oberglatt Hotels
- Kunming Hotels
- Budva Warnings and Dangers
- Pamukkale Warnings and Dangers
- Altitude Sickness
- Pulau Bintan Warnings and Dangers
- Driving & traffic
- Manado Warnings and Dangers
- Fraser Island Warnings and Dangers
- Edinburgh Warnings and Dangers
- Dayton Warnings and Dangers
- Rovinj Warnings and Dangers
- Rimini Warnings and Dangers
- Exmouth Warnings and Dangers