Manor, Geneva

Know about this? Rate It!

otehr entrance
    bulding
    by Pimilan
  • Jean-Jacques lives as young in this place
    Jean-Jacques lives as young in this...
  • stressball's Profile Photo

Manor: Swiss Chocolate

by stressball Written Feb 21, 2005

A giant Swiss Chocolate Bunny Rabbit at the Manor

The Manor is a very large department store. They have everything you're looking for, including groceries. You can buy Swiss chocolate here on the ground floor, as well as Swiss souvenirs on the first floor.

What to buy: A trip to Geneva is not complete until you've bought some Swiss chocolate.

What to pay: Prices of chocolate vary depending on the size and the brand name of the chocolate that you buy. The chocolate, however, is relatively inexpensive for Geneva standards and is well worth the money.

• Luxury Travel

• Pimilan's Profile Photo

Manor: The largest downtown dpt store in the right banks

by Pimilan Written Oct 7, 2005

bulding

You found near everything.J-J Rousseau, a philosoph of the 18 th century, live 4 years on the same place

What to buy: Chocolates, watches and souvenir.

What to pay: Same as other shop

Instant Answers: Geneva

• Jul 17, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Manor is the best supermarket and convenient shopping in central Geneva!
    I had horrible experience in Migros (rue des Paquis), I only bought some courgettes, paid with coins, so the cashier lady did not even bother to give me the receipt. At the exit door, one staff woman came after me asking where my 'ticket' (receipt) was, I couldn't show her as I did not receive one. She demanded to see my bag and I was immediately treated like a THIEF!!! She even shouted to the woman at the customer service counter that I didn't have a 'ticket'! We had to go back to the cashier lady, who thankfully remembered me. By then I was awfully upset but there was no apologies at all! I'll NEVER go back to any supermarket from this chain. Even if I have to walk more, I prefer Manor and Coop! So, while in this country, watch for 'ticket'!!!!