Morges Travel Guide

• Morges
    by Hui-Hui
  • one of my favourite areas - stunning Lac Leman
    one of my favourite areas - stunning Lac...
    by angiebabe
  • find any spot for breathtaking beauty & relax!
    find any spot for breathtaking beauty &...
    by angiebabe

Morges Things to Do

townand area info map 4 more images

by angiebabe Updated Jul 26, 2007

The main attraction is the beautiful lakeside but the small town centre is interesting enough to have a wander around . Its a more modernised and commercialised town cente but there are still some swiss looking and elegant houses buildings around and so still has the swiss feel to it

Theres a large tourist office in a handy location, which is always handy to know, - and information on signposts that give information on the orientation of the town and sights around it.

nice spot for a coffee 4 more images

by angiebabe Updated Jul 26, 2007

Well manicured foreshore with all the trimmings!

Great paths to walk along and flowerbeds to add colour beauty and atmosphere to it all - benches to sit and relax under the trees in the shade or out in the sun.

Cafes for refreshments along the way. Do it in typical organised well functioning Swiss style - with the typical Swiss stunning sights and colour!

See the local community come to their lovely lakeside for times of rest and relaxation!

by angiebabe Updated Jul 26, 2007

Not only a beautiful spot to be when the sun is shining on the beautiful blue water of Lac Leman this chateau that is open to the public as a military museum is a good chance ie another opportunity... for the castle nut in you to check out or for those into military history.

Easy to find right at the lakeside by the centre ville of Morges - also very handy is the tourist office just there across the road as well for all other information that could come in handy for visiting the area.

• Castles and Palaces

Morges Hotels

Morges Restaurants

• anne77's Profile Photo
    Le Casino

by anne77 Written Aug 21, 2006

Le Casino is located on the lake in Morges, has a nice terrasse and they also have great cocktails! They also serve food, although I have never eaten there.

Favorite Dish: Caipirinhas are good...

• anne77's Profile Photo

by anne77 Updated Apr 24, 2006

I discovered this place a couple of months ago, and I really like it. They have all sorts of teas and they're famous for their hot/cold chocolates!

Inside is cosy, every table, chair, etc is different, and you can buy everything in the restaurant, from the lamps to the tables, decoration, etc. They sell lots of different teas, cakes, too (take-away)

Favorite Dish: I went twice, once for their "tarte a la creme", my friends and I tasted the chocolate flavoured one and the cinnamon. We liked the cinnamon one better.

The Brunch is EXCELLENT. You don't know what you'll get, but everything is delicious. You can eat outside as well. This place is really tiny, so it's better to call before going.

CHF 28.- for the brunch, drinks not included.

• e-katarina's Profile Photo

by e-katarina Written Jun 20, 2005

This restaurant is fortunate enough to be attached to the theatre de Beausobre, a place where many interesting performers come, whether comics or music.

It therefore has no imediate competition and could very well be a pleasant place to have a before or after show meal.

Unfortunately it is not so. Before a show a week ago, we went there and ordered a dish of Madras Tagliatelle. The description said, tasty tagliatelles with safran and gambas (in french, that transalates as large shrimps). The dish was expensive for what it was, but we thought it was worth it for the gambas.

First of all, when the plates arrived, we thought how small the portions were, so when the waiteress asked whether we wanted bread to accompany and grated cheese for the pasta, we enthusiastically said yes. We never saw her again and had to ask an other waiter, who only manadged to bring us the bread. But we were already half through our meal by then.

About the dish. My fiance did not have one single gambas, and I had only two. As for the tasty, I truly wondered whether they'd just put yellow colouring to give the aspect of safran..

These people obviously always have clients because of their position, so they are expensive and the food is rediculous. I've never been to such a disapointing place in Switzerland, and I do go out to the restaurant a lot.

Morges Transportation

• aliante1981's Profile Photo

by aliante1981 Written Mar 29, 2003

That's the way I used, and it's pretty easy to do. For me it was like gratis, for I had a rail pass both of the times I went there but these are minor details, though nice ones ;))
    Let's get back to business, however.

Remember I said it was easy to reach Morges? That's because it lies on a main railway link between Geneva and a score of other important places. You can take any train passing through Lausanne and beyong, or those to Neuchatel and beyonf.

However, keep in mind one thing: Morges is a small place and fast trains do NOT stop there.

Instant Answers: Morges

Comments

Morges Travel Guide
Map of Morges