Riederalp Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Riederalp

• martin_nl's Profile Photo

UNESCO skiing paradise

by martin_nl Updated Oct 2, 2003

Favorite thing: Riederalp is a small town in the Aletsch Gebiet (area). Aletsch is a 23 km long glacier that is really beautiful. So beautiful even that in 2001 it got a place on the UNESCO world heritage list!! And for a good reason, since all you have to do is look around and see for yourself. Other towns in the Aletsch Gebiet are Belalp, Bettmeralp and Fiescheralp. From any point in these villages you have such great views as we enjoyed in our apartment.

Fantastic view from our apartment

• martin_nl's Profile Photo

Take a snowboarding or skiing class

by martin_nl Written Jan 25, 2003

Favorite thing: The thing that makes you go to Riederalp in wintertime is obviously to enjoy the snow. If you never went on wintersports you need to take some classes to get the hang of it. For 170 CHF you get lessons daily from 10:00-13:00 o'clock for a week from Monday to Friday. I took a snowboardclass. And beside the fun we had I can say I also learnt something!

Fondest memory: On Thursday it is time to compete against the people in the class. Being a big talent ....'ahum'.... of course I won the competition. The other person in my group was second, and....... that was the whole group ;-)

Shwowing off my 'gold' medal

Instant Answers: Riederalp

Comments

Riederalp Favorites

Reviews and photos of Riederalp favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Riederalp sightseeing.