Don't even think about it...
Why extreme? Just look up the Bec des Ross peak, you will see some Kamikaze riding down the face avoiding or jumping rocks barriers... of course everything are under control... until the next turn ;-)
Bec des Rosses playground: 3222m, 45°-55° slopes and 500m vertical drop.
Next 11th edition: 17-19 March 2006 to see pro freeriders in fresh powder from the friendly village is set up at the Col des Gentianes (3000 m) just in front of the Bec des Rosses: the perfect place to admire the breathtaking runs of the freeriders.
The highest point in the region is the Mont-Fort at 3330m. From its peak , one can enjoy an incredible view of the Matterhorn, the Grand Combin and the Mont-Blanc which at 4807m is the highest peak in Europe.
A 3km steep slope "dives" 436m lower in direction of the Col des Gentianes area. Only recommended for good skiers... watch the bumps ;-)
The local snow park "1936 Neipark" is waiting for your take-off... Located at La Chaux (2'485m) with large choice of snow fun:
- A fresh BigAir of 17m... (still growthing)
- Line Soft (3-6m): 2 Tables, 2 Gaps
- Line Medium (8-15m): 2 Gaps, 1 Table, 1 Step Up, 1 Curve Box
- Line Hard (16-25m): 1 Step Down/Drop, 1 Table, 2 Gaps, 1 Double-Hip
- Line Rail: 1 Rainbow, 1 Box, 1 San Francisco, 1 Rail, 1 Plat-Descente, 1 Montée-Plat-Montée, 1 Pyramide
TIP: special full day skipass for exclusive Snow park access for CHF 40 (season 2004/05). Cable car Le Châble-Verbier-Ruinettes, then unlimited ride on Fontanays, Chaux1 and Chaux2 chairlifts.