Ski, drink, ski, drink, ski and then paraglide with your ski's!!!
Above all have fun!
Verbier is also wonderful in the summer, hiking through the mountians' is great. The night life in summer doesn't compare to winter but, if you are with some mates you make your own fun...
Verbier skiing area is part of the 4 Vallées network (Verbier, La Tzoumaz, Nendaz, Veysonnaz, Thyon). You will get enough room for your favourite sports... The 4 Vallées region offers 412 km of ski slopes and 92 different lifts (skilifts, chairlifts, gondolas and cablecars together).
Verbier highlights are:
- efficient and modern lifts (experience the confortable ride of the Funspace 2000p/h, the brand new Chaux Express 2005 mix of chairlifts and gondolas 2400p/h or a squized trip aboard the famous Jumbo cabin with 150p ;-)
- Snow park availabe in La Chaux sector to be closer of the Sky...
- Ride the Mont Fort and enjoy the breathtaking view from the summit, before the steep downhill ride take your breath 8-)
- Enjoy the off-piste only on secured areas
- Enjoy the view on the Bec des Rosses, the playground of the famous Xtreme contest , you should see to believe how it is crazy to ride this rocky snowy peak.
- Escape yourself to the 4 Valleys ski area via Printze/Nendaz sector from Lac des Vaux or Gentianes/Mont-Fort sectors from kilometers on snowy tracks...
And if you had enough energy after yoour ski/snow session, enjoy the vibrant Après ski and nightlife around Verbier resort ;-)
Do not miss to visit the pleasant Hameau (=Hamlet) de Verbier. This harmonious and coherent complex was imagined by PierreDorsaz in order to honour the old cultural alpine heritage, resulting from the relationship of the man with the ground which nourishes it. An alpine museum, a chapel, the Odéon Square with its sundial fountain, the bronze bull and modern houses built of stone and wood in the old fashioned way.
The chapel of "Le Hameau" has stained-glass windows designed by master glassworkers from l'Ecole Française in Rheims and portray a scene from nature. An ideal venue for weddings and christenings.
The Alpine museum dipslays more than 3000 artefacts illustrate the habitat, the work and the culture of the Alpine area from the years 1800 to our days.
Ok... so ya wanna ski? Well, you have got to go to the top!!! Let me introduce you too MT. FORT!!! 3,400meters above ski level!!! I was a human snowball getting down from there! Great part of the mountain and will really test your skills... as it is double black diamond!
Take the lift to Savoleyres, spend four hour trekking, starting at 2354 m above sea level, finishing at Les Attelas at 2726 m. When your closing in on Les Attelas, you'll pass by Lac Des Vauz, a beautiful little lake in the middle of the swiss alps. It's a great sight and the trekking is a perfect day trip. From Les Attelas you can walk down or take you lift. There are a few places to dine on you way down, just DON'T eat at Les Ruinettes!
3400 meters up. It was a double black diamond and I figured it would be no problem!
All I can say is... Geronimo!!!
If you have a car don't worry if the cable cars are no longer running. It is a wonderful (if perhaps a little scary) drive to the ridge above Verbier - and well worth it for views like this.