Lugano What to Pack

Lake Lugano
    by AnnS

Best Rated What to Pack in Lugano

• AnnS's Profile Photo

Comfortable shoes are vital!

by AnnS Written Jul 4, 2005

Lake Lugano

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: The best way to fully appreciate this area is on foot so make sure you pack comfortable shoes.

Photo Equipment: As there are wonderful vistas more or less everywhere you look, make sure you take plenty of batteries and storage devices for your camera.

• Hiking and Walking

• thinking's Profile Photo

Bring Mosquito Repellent

by thinking Updated Jul 18, 2004

Doris, Klaus, Tom, Elizabeth

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you are from North America, you will bring your tennis shoes so you can walk around the town. If you want to look Italian, best to bring makeup, jewelry, a bronzer to make you look very tan, and rent a small dog to carry everywhere with you.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring plenty of sun screen as the sun is very bright here. Also bring an umbrella because the weather in the mountains changes so fast. I use the umbrella to keep the sun off of me and it is also handy the next minute due to rain suddenly appearing without any warning.

Miscellaneous: www.directories.ch
    Use this resource to find everything in Lugano, complete with street address, phone number and details of how to arrive there from your location.

• Business Travel

• aliante1981's Profile Photo

Packing List

by aliante1981 Written Aug 25, 2002

Miscellaneous: ATMs and Plastic money: they are the most convenient way to take your money abroad. You get lots of benefits and (almost!!) no problems. You'll get lower exchange rate than if you were to exchane your cash, and you will pay lower commissions than if you came up with a travel cheque. But, above all, you'll get safety: you will not be crying over money lost forever even if your ATM card gets stolen. And, even more than that, you can pay in many shops by a plastic card: just check shops in main streets! So, I am always travelling with my ATM cards in my pocket. And in Lugano there are plenty of ATM machines. But, however, here are some important rules to keep in mind: 1) Do use Electron/Cirrus/any other debit card for withdrawals, as any other thing will be considered a cash advance, 2)Try to take out money few times but in bigger sums so as not to accumulate fees, 3) If you loose you card call the issuing company immediatley and better call you bank, too, to block the card.

• nygaston's Profile Photo

ESCAPING TO THE SUN

by nygaston Written Feb 18, 2003

Luggage and bags: The next day we thought we'd try another gentle, down-valley walk in the Val Maggia. When the postal bus delivered us to the hamlet of Cavergno, however, a chilly mist was spilling over the crest of the Alps from northern Europe. Pulling on polarfleece sweaters and nylon pants, we started down the path along the valley floor.

Soon a light drizzle was falling and we fished our rain parkas out of our packs. Beneath our hoods Jeri and I looked at each other and shook our heads. Hiking in the damp chill is something you often have to put up with north of the Alps, but not here in Ticino.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: A few minutes down the valley, in the village of Bignasco, we jumped aboard another postal bus and within an hour were back in bright sunshine, walking along the lakeside promenade in Ascona, past palm trees and flower gardens.

This colorful, inviting town, filled with galleries and museums, is the Sante Fe of Ticino, attracting writers and artists from all over the Continent, including, over the years, Hermann Hesse and Paul Klee.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Peeling off our polarfleece, we found a table in a cafe along the promenade and ordered a bottle of white Merlot. And that's how we spent the afternoon - soaking up the balmy Mediterranean sun, inhaling the fragrant breeze and watching the lake steamers out in Lago Maggiore, crisscrossing back and forth between Switzerland and Italy.

• o00o's Profile Photo

Packing List

by o00o Written Aug 25, 2002

Luggage and bags: Owing to the strike in Italy, I changed mydirection to Swiss Lugano, the nearest city to italy, so I brought all my belonging with me. Before departure, I had a very quick visit to the city.

Instant Answers: Lugano

Comments

Lugano What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Lugano what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lugano sightseeing.