Bern What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Bern

• RioRosie's Profile Photo

Pack for just-in-case

by RioRosie Written Jul 30, 2007

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: All the weather reports said southern Germany and Switzerland are sunny, with pleasant temperatures (70s) in July. We had mid- to high-80s for three days and into the 90s on one day. I was told that women don't wear shorts in Europe. Jeans and pants are perfectly fine. On a whim, I threw a pair of shorts into my suitcase when I was packing...and it was the best whim! Custom be damned! It was so hot in Munich and that I was happy to have the shorts--and I didn't care if I looked like an American tourist.

Miscellaneous: Most hotels did not have wash clothes in the bathrooms. We ended up buying a couple loofah mits and packed them damp in plastic zipper bags.

• berne1's Profile Photo

Packing List

by berne1 Written Aug 26, 2002

Luggage and bags: You can use any Bags...

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Be prepared for cold winters and hot summers. From the end of October until the End of March you will have to wear warm clothes. From April till October you can have all kind of weather but the temperure is about 55-80° Farenheit (18-30° Celcius)

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: In Bern we have the 'Insel Hospital' it is the university hospital and very good. But it is big and you will have to wait...

Tel:031 632 21 11
    Emergency Call in Switzerland is: 117 (police), 144 (ambulance)

• VDElvis's Profile Photo

Bundle up!

by VDElvis Written Dec 20, 2007
    You can expect weather like this in Bern

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Not surpisingly, it gets cold in Bern. I went in early November, and it was already snowing. If you're going in the late fall or winter, bundle up appropriately.

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Bern

Comments

Bern What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Bern what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bern sightseeing.