Lauterbrunnen Restaurants

Schnitzel meal @ Piz Gloria
    by balhannah
  • Restaurant with yellow awning on left.......
    Restaurant with yellow awning on...
    by Maryimelda
    Outside restaurant from my room....
    by Maryimelda

Most Recent Restaurants in Lauterbrunnen

• balhannah's Profile Photo

PIZ GLORIA: Meal with a view!

by balhannah Written Nov 1, 2011

Schnitzel meal @ Piz Gloria

It was Lunch time and we wanted to wait and see if the fog cleared a bit. What to do, but head into the Gift shop, then the World's highest revolving Restaurant to see what that was like.

To be truthful, we thought it would be terribly expensive, after all, it was a revolving Restaurant, on a Mountain which was very popular with Tourist's.
    We had a look at the Menu, and were very pleasantly surprised. The meals were only a little more expensive than we had paid elsewhere in Switzerland.

Next, were there spare tables by the window, and there were, so we went and sat at one, and enjoyed the view while waiting to be served.
    They were busy, so we may have waited a little longer than normal, I am not sure because the of "the view," it was fantastic!

The Schnitzel meal arrived, a full plate of food that was a struggle for me to get through, but I did, and we both agreed it was excellent!
    There was no rush to go outside again, as the full 360° experience takes about an hour.
    All we wanted to do, was to sit and relax after our meal, and savour this special experience!

• Luxury Travel

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Silberhorn Hotel: Fine Dining

by Mikebb Written Apr 17, 2011

5 Course Menu - Changes Daily

We had half board during our 4 night stay at the Silberhorn Hotel during September 2010.

The main restaurant was excellent with soup and salads included each evening from the buffet. The menu changed each evening with a choice of 2 main courses supplemented with other courses. Should you not like anything on the menu you informed the waiters and they would offer other suggestions.

The meals were excellent quality and we found we had a little to much to eat each night.

A good selection of wines, beer and soft drinks were on offer.

There was another dining room and bar for non guests with excellent menu. I believe non guests can also use the main dining room.

As or meals were included in the room rate I do not know meal prices.

• Seniors

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Hotel Restaurant Schuetzen: Great local fare.....

by Maryimelda Updated Oct 20, 2009

Restaurant with yellow awning on left.......

This restaurant was part of my hotel and seemed to be quite popular not only with the hotel guests but with the locals and visitors as well. Lovely outdoor beer garden was always well patronised as was the very nicely appointed indoor restaurant. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I have no idea, I don't have much inthe way of pics of the restaurant. I must have been having a senior's moment.

Favorite Dish: All the usual pork dishes, sausage, rosti, pasta etc. I ate there two nights and thoroughly enjoyed my meals (Bratwurst and saeurkrautt one night and a pasta dish with a tomato based sauce on the second night. The highlight for me however was the wonderful array of ice cream sundaes they offered on the dessert menu. The ice cream meringue dessert was my favourite. Good wines available by the glass. All in all a very good restaurant.

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Piz Gloria: Have the James Bond All You Can Eat Breakfast

by riorich55 Updated Apr 17, 2009

Next Stop The Top of Schilthorn

Not too many places in the world do you get to eat on top of a mountain in a revolving restaurant surrounded by 200 peaks in the Swiss Alps. In fact, there are no other revolving restaurants this high up that I can think of. Granted, you would not just make a special trip to the top of the mountain just to eat, but after the 1 hour trip to the top you will probably get a little hungry, so you might as well sit down and enjoy the view and have breakfast or lunch.

We both ordered the James Bond Breakfast which included a glass of the bubbly. Be careful though with the bubbly as you are getting close to 2 miles high and if you stand up to quick you could get a little woozy! I did! We enjoyed the food which I have pictured in the 3rd picture. The restaurant takes about 45 minutes to revolve and on a clear day the views are just out of this world.

Favorite Dish: The fresh baked bread was very good with a very crunchy crust. I also enjoyed the Ovalmatine. I was actually surprised that a meal with a gimmicky name like "James Bond Breakfast", was as good as it was.

• Photography

• kathymof's Profile Photo

Crystal Restaurant at Jungfraujoch: Spectacular

by kathymof Updated Mar 13, 2008

Debbie & Kathy splurging at the Crystal

Wonderful menu - really have no idea how they did it since they were at the highest train station in Europe (maybe even the world ??). Excellent elegant service with a great wine menu. The service was very multi-lingual. Great food, great service, spectacular views and all at a very reasonable price. Try a bottle of Swiss red. We did, at the waitor's suggestion, and kept trying to find the wine later in town - delicious. Splurge - it is worth it!

Favorite Dish: Everything - including the view - can't remember what I ate but I sure remember liking it.

• Eco-Tourism

• ciuchi's Profile Photo

The restaurant at Hotel Oberland: The best restaurant in town

by ciuchi Written Mar 18, 2005

Us at the Oberland

The first night we tried going there without a reservation was an attempt doomed to fail as we've been told that they had other 50 reservations for the same evening. So we learnt our lesson and made a reservation. It's really the best place in town. The food is absolutely delicious, the service is excellent and the prices are ok.

Favorite Dish: We had the traditional rosti, which are potatoes fried in a certain way mixed if you want with cheese, ham and mushrooms...they have many varieties. We also tried the pizza there which was nice and some of our friends tried pasta...I must say that everybody was pleased and we spent a great night!

• ciuchi's Profile Photo

Grill Room at the Schuetzen Hotel: Swiss and International cooking

by ciuchi Written Mar 18, 2005

Hotel Schuetzen

The food and everything was ok, except maybe for the service...they were kind of full that night and we were a big group so we were told to wait at the bar...which didn't have enough stools and after maybe 20 minutes we were told that we could sit at one of the empty tables near us (which we were told that were for some special events...). So better make a reservation before you go.

Favorite Dish: We had a really nice pizza, a spicy one, can't remember it's name, but it was pretty good!!! And some of our friends got deer..well, everybody was kind of pleased.

• lamentforicarus's Profile Photo

Restaurant at the Hotel Oberland: Fantastic Fondue!

by lamentforicarus Written Jul 22, 2004

The Hotel Oberland's Restaurant is one of the most popular in the area. Offering a wide selection of pizzas, soups, and vegetarian entrees, it is popular with locals and tourists alike. For dinner, try the fantastic fondue, complete with a variety of dipping sauces and spices. Dine inside or outside with Staubbach Falls trickling in the background.

• Hotel Restaurant Schützen: Bad service

by mintaka Written Apr 21, 2003

We only tried coffee and ice-cream on the very nice terrace. But the coffee was undrinkable, and as we asked for another coffee, refusing to pay for some colored water that tasted like nothing, got screamed at, insulted and chased away...

Instant Answers: Lauterbrunnen

Comments

Lauterbrunnen Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lauterbrunnen restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lauterbrunnen sightseeing.

View all Lauterbrunnen hotels