Oeschinensee Sports & Outdoors

Not the end!

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Oeschinensee

Oopsies...

Not the end!

Near the end you go through these plastic orange flag strips. Then you are at the bottom of the track. There is a wooden platform. I thought this is where you got off and did so. My daughter than followed suit, but said, "Mom, I don't think this is the end."
    It turns out, she was right. You are supposed to stay on the tobaggan as it goes up another pulley track, back to the beginning. Our tobaggans were presently pulley engaged, and started their ascent without us! In a moment of confusion, I just jumped on the closest moving tobaggan, which happened to be my daughter's. She then ran up the hill and caught mine. She half sat, half lay across it as it went to the true finishing point.
    Once again, the ticket guy came out of his booth. Funny thing is, he didn't know what to say, and just shook his head at us.
    My daughter claimed I was a bad mother for the rest of the trip!

• Adventure Travel

The rodelbahn track

by Rhondaj Written Aug 1, 2004

We all thought the ride would be a one minute wonder. We were pleasantly surprised by the length of this track. The section you see in the foreground of the picture is the part where you are pulled to the top. This was the worst part of the ride. I felt like I was going to slide off the back of the tobaggan the whole time! It is hard to keep your grip on this backless, slippery plastic sled!

• Adventure Travel

The rodelbahn

rider's view

This is really fun! The ride says, "Choose a fast or slower descent", but as a certified scaredy cat, I can assure you even fast isn't too fast. If you want to go fast, make sure you push the bar forward and HOLD it there, otherwise you will go slow.

Most important tip! Make the larger people go first! I got on a tobaggan, followed by my daughter, and lastly, my husband. EVEN though it says to keep a safe distance from the person in front of you, my husband's weight made him go faster. He kept ramming my daughter's sled, and she in turn rammed mine. Made for an interesting ride down!

Equipment: Don't let pocketbooks, sweaters wrapped around your waist, etc. hand over the sides. The ticket booth guy will come yell at you in swiss-german.

Ride times and current prices can be found at the web address below.

We paid 4 CHF for one ride.

• Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Oeschinensee

Comments

Oeschinensee Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Oeschinensee sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oeschinensee sightseeing.