Wengen Restaurants

• Restaurant Baren,Baren Hotel,Wengen,Switzerland.
    Restaurant Baren,Baren...
    by Greggor58
  • Restaurant Baren,Baren Hotel,Wengen,Switzerland.
    Restaurant Baren,Baren...
    Grindelwaldblick...Kleine Scheidegg

Best Rated Restaurants in Wengen

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

Restaurant Baren/Hotel Baren: TERRIFIC food..GREAT service !!

by Greggor58 Updated Aug 6, 2010

Restaurant Baren,Baren Hotel,Wengen,Switzerland.

This restaurant is found within the walls of the Hotel Baren...I had the good fortune to have my meals included in the rate that I paid for overnight stay but they advertise wherever they can and the restaurant is open and available to people that are NOT just staying at the hotel.

The dining area is quite nice with modern wooden furniture, the food is prepared by the owner and it is exceptionally good, two nights that I dined here the menu was different each night, and consisted of a four course dinner each night.

There is an outdoor terrace area for use in the summer months and provides a wonderful view of the Jaungfrau..the main reason that I was in Wengen anyhow.

I cant honestly tell you about pricing as I neglected to check the menu.

Service was prompt and efficient and there were no long waits in between courses.The atmosphere was mostly casual but dressing for dinner is always an option.

CHILDREN are not excluded from the dining area if this might be a concern for you, the second night that I was here I sat beside a woman that had two small and well behaved children with her.

Favorite Dish: Dinners were four course and the usual sequence was followed, a soup that was on both evenings quite tasty, the first night being a carrot hot and sour broth, and the second night a simple minestrone with fresh vegetables.

Salads were fresh and accompanied by wonderful dressings.

The first night the main course a wonderful lamb dish with a wine sauce accompanied by yams and green beans
    The second night the main course was a schnitzel cordon bleu that was absolutely delicious.It was served with a potato gratin side and a vegetable,sorry..I cant remember what.

Both nights deserts were wonderful and as I mentioned earlier, the presentation of all of the foods was professional and quite nice!

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

Grindelwaldblick...Kleine Scheidegg: AMAZING VIEWS of Jaunfrau and the Eiger

by Greggor58 Updated Aug 6, 2010

Grindelwaldblick...Kleine Scheidegg

This restaurant is actually located a few minute hike along a well maintained path above Kleine Scheidegg.

Although I visited during the summer months I would imagine that this would make a great spot to deek into during a ski day up here during winter.

The views of the trio, the Eiger, The Monch, and the Jaungfrau are simple amazing and so worth the while to get here. We sat on a terrace under an umbrella and enjoyed the amazing views

We made this a stopping point on our hike from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg and stayed long enough to catch our breath and enjoy a very cold and refreshing large glass of iced tea.

It was not overly busy but the server was quick to our table to present us with a menu. She spoke English well enough to understand my order and her return was prompt with my order.

If you like you can even stay here overnight, they offer accommodation in dorm style rooms. For more information and videos check the web link below..

The website is not available in English, only German. I would think that given that I was served in English it wouldn't be a problem communicating with them in English.

Favorite Dish: The iced tea was very tasty but the views were certainly what made this place so memorable.

We did NOT take the time to eat here but i would recommend that you stop here simply for the scenery!

There is an observation deck built at the edge of the terrace where you cn climb stairs and have an unobstructed view of the mountain peaks around you.

Surprisingly my liter sized glass of iced tea only cost about 3.50 CHF, a very inexpensive drink considering that all materials for food and beverage need to be transported to this spot above Wengen.

• Summer33's Profile Photo

Da Sina: Anyone up for pizza?

by Summer33 Written Mar 12, 2004

Da Sina restaurant

This isn't only a pizza it's a great Italian food restaurant for a good price! We ate here several times while staying in Wengen, the staff is amazing and makes you feel very welcome, and the food is extremely good.

• Music
    • Festivals

• cjohnson99's Profile Photo

Hotel Silberhorn: Evening dinining at the Silberhorn terrace

by cjohnson99 Updated Dec 3, 2004

Hotel Silberhorn

Terrace special because in Wengen in perfect location overlooking busy street (no traffic, just people), excellent food quality and choice, excellent views down Lauterbrunnen valley and especially evenings with sunset which turns the mountain tops pink! Not to be missed.

Favorite Dish: Rosti and fondues especially recommended.
    Fond memory of particular waiter referring to chippy chip chips!

• Häxehüsli Café Marys: A real swiss experiense

by schoneggacher Written Sep 4, 2008

Outside Wengen in the middle of the beautiful meadows with cows and next to a farm with other animals, rabbits, ducks, I have seen a horse in the car free resort of Wengen

Favorite Dish: Local dishes mainly cheese, fondues, raclette but also daily menues with beef stew on beer or quails cooked in front of me on the open fire place, the Aelpler Maccaroni, pasta and potatoes with cheese and a mouss of apple to add. Very tasty

• Eco-Tourism

• Da Sina: Good pizza and pasta

by reenby Updated Mar 28, 2007

This is a great little restaurant. The pizzas are what most people go for and they are excellent. However its worth venturing out into the pasta dishes as they are a little unusual and really delicious.

We had spaghetti with chilli and grandmas lasagne - both excellent.

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo

Hotel Schwetzerhelm Dining Room: Late Dinner in the Hotel Dining Room

by Sandi-2004 Updated Nov 30, 2004

Late night dinner

After finally arriving at our hotel about 8:00 p.m., the dining room was closing, but when we said that we were starving, the chef was kind enough to cook us each a wonderful, delicious dinner. We were amazed at all of the food that the Swiss give a diner. We had a larger than usual dinner plate in each restaurant where we dined filled with large portions of 3 vegetables, potatoes and meat so that the plate has five or six separate foods on it. Along with that is an assortment of delicious breads.

Favorite Dish: Everything we ordered was very good.

• Jacksprat's Profile Photo

The Schilthorn Restaurant by...

by Jacksprat Written Sep 3, 2002

The Schilthorn Restaurant by far....this is a revolving restaurant where a James Bond film was made in 1969 - On Her Majesty's Secret Service. It rotates about once an hour.
    Like I said, the restaurant revolves.

Favorite Dish: You have to try the Kiwi-fruit ice cream...different but nice!

• Bahnhof at Kleine scheidegg: Good food in the snow

by reenby Updated Mar 28, 2007

The Bahnhof restaurant is always busy as skiers come off the slopes and need refuelling.

We always pay at least one visit for a huge plate of spaghetti bolognaise, and eat it sitting outside with the Jungfrau and the Eiger towering above us.

The pasta is very good although service can be a bit hit and miss when it gets really busy. Try to keep a smile when the staff look really stressed as they have to really work hard to get round everyone.

Favorite Dish: Spaghetti Bolognaise - tasty and lots of it.

• Chez Meyer's: Incredible good food

by schoneggacher Written Sep 4, 2008

This is the best Restaurant all around, it has 15 points in the food guide Gault & Millau.
    A very romatic atmosphere, a very attentive service and the food is incredible, the presentation, the taste, the creativity

Favorite Dish: I have not had anything which I would not like to pass on, we were 4 and all had different dishes and we tried them all.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Wengen

Comments

Wengen Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Wengen restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wengen sightseeing.