Chur Restaurants

Chur - Gambrinus
    by matjung
    The restaurant and bar.....
    by Maryimelda
    My dinner at Pizzeria Mamma Mia
    by sue_stone

Most Recent Restaurants in Chur

• Restaurant Rosenhügel: Great variety of foods!

by Kantischueler Written Jun 3, 2014

This restaurant offers a great variety of local and regional specialties aswell a great variety of pizzas!
    If you are dining on the closed balcony with large windows, you'll have a great view of Chur, even if it is raining.

How to get there:
    * by public transport: Take Chur bus no.1 (towards Agip, Felsberg, Domat/Ems, Tamins, or Rhäzüns) and leave it at "Malteser" (second stop after train Station). Then cross the roundabout and walk up the hill (sign towards Lenzerheide). After about 5 mins the Restaurant is on the right handside.
    * by car from Zurich: leave highway at Chur-Nord, then follow the signs towards "Zentrum" or "Lenzerheide". Cross 1st, and 2nd roundabout (2nd exits). Take the 1st exit at the 3rd roundaboud. Then cross 4th and 5th roundabout (2nd exits), just after the 5th roundabout turn left, up the hill, restaurant is on the right handside.
    * by car from Ticino/Italy: leave highway at Chur-Süd, and turn right. Turn left towards "Zentrum". Cross three roundabouts. Turn right just after the "Welschdörfli" (bottleneck of the road), up the hill, restaurant is on the right handside.
    * by car from Lenzerheide: Turn towards "Chur"/"Zentrum". But be careful the restaurant is just after turning right on the left handside.
    * by foot from train station: Leave train station towards "Bahnhofplatz". Follow the tracks of the "Arosabahn" to the roundabout. Cross the roundabout and take the road between the "Zollhaus" and the "Felsenbar", up the hill, restaurant is on the right handside. Everywhere sidewalks, dangerous pedestrian crossing after the roundabout, be careful. About 15 mins to walk.

ATTENTION: YOU SHOULD PREBOOK A TABLE IF YOU WANT TO EAT THERE AS IT IS A WELL VISITED RESTAURANT DUE TO ITS GREAT MENU CARD!!

Favorite Dish: EVERYTHING!!

• matjung's Profile Photo

Gambrinus: Persian Food in Chur

by matjung Written Jun 23, 2013
    Chur - Gambrinus

If you arrive in Chur at lunch time, then the Gambrinus is one of the first restaurants outside the train station.
    I think the place is nothing really special.
    I wanted to go to a local restaurant and avoid the fastfood chains.
    My last Persian dish was long ago, so I went there for something to eat.

Favorite Dish: Chicken with rice and salad.

• Hiking and Walking

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Hotel Chur Restaurant: Dining elegance at affordable prices...

by Maryimelda Written Oct 26, 2009

The restaurant and bar.....

Even if you are not staying at the Hotel Chur, you will be made very welcome at the restaurant there. As with the rest of the hotel, the restaurant is elegantly decorated in dark wood with crisp white tablecloths and dim lighting. I could not understand why such an excellent restaurant wasn't better patronised on a Saturday night.

Favorite Dish: I had a wonderful schnitzel with salad and french fries which was accompanied by a fine selectionof breads. Then to follow I had my favourite ice cream meringue dessert, which I found on many Swiss menus. Two glasses of good red wine and I retired for the night very happy.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Café Maron: Café Maron - cakes and coffee near the station

by sue_stone Written Aug 1, 2008

Caf�� Maron

We had a slow start the morning we left Chur, as our train didn't depart till 11.30am. After checking out of our hotel, we wandered towards the station, looking for somewhere to have a coffee on the way.

Nothing inspired us until we arrived at Cafe Maron, which is actually located just across from the station. It is a large café with seating inside and out. We chose to sit out the front, but popped inside to have a look at the display of tasty looking cakes and pastries.

Favorite Dish: Chris and Alex had a coffee and shared a pastry. Coffee could be ordered from the waitress who came outside after we sat down, but food had to be ordered and paid for separately inside. I asked the waitress for a glass of water, but she said I could only have bottled water, which I declined. We had to laugh then when the coffees were delivered with glasses of water accompanying them.

The café is also a good place to use the toilets before you get on your train. Toilets are located at rear of the café, upstairs.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Mamma Mia: Pizzeria Mamma Mia - Italian food & Pizza

by sue_stone Written Aug 1, 2008

My dinner at Pizzeria Mamma Mia

We stayed in Chur on a Sunday night and many of the restaurants were closed. We ended up eating at a place that Lonely Planet recommended - Pizzeria Mamma Mia.

Rain was threatening, so we bypassed the courtyard, and were thankful that they had a free table inside. We liked the pizzeria straight away - it had a good atmosphere, and staff were very friendly.

Favorite Dish: To eat, we had the Calzone; the Lasagne with a green salad; and a Pizza with prosciutto, rocket and parmesan. All the food was really enjoyable, and the pizza was the best I have tasted in a while - lovely fresh ingredients and the base was just the right thickness.

A reasonably priced bottle of Italian red wine washed down our meal, and some Chocolate Mousse (to share) rounded it off nicely.

• Wine Tasting

• bonio's Profile Photo

Hoga's Rosti Pizzeria: Hoga's Rosti Pizzeria

by bonio Updated Jul 9, 2008

Friendly and comfortable with great food, all freshly prepared so don't be in a hurry - I want to go back!

Sadly closed on our last visit (looks like for good)

Favorite Dish: Has to be rosti pizza!! a pizza using rosti ( fried potato and onion) for the base, a great idea, try it!!

• Shibiru's Profile Photo

Hotel Restaurant Rebleuten: Sunny Terrace :-)

by Shibiru Written May 10, 2006

The restaurant and that window goes to the terrace

Well...I actually never went there to eat...I always go there on sunny sundays when i have to study. They have a nice terrace protected from other roofs. It's very quiet and u can enjoy the beautiful day. Inside the restaurant has a traditional atmosphere with a lot of wood:)

Favorite Dish: I'm sure they have good dishes there...I will try it someday and write it here.

• Shibiru's Profile Photo

Zollhaus: Don't miss tipical "Buendner Spezialitaeten"

by Shibiru Written Feb 5, 2006

Outside u don't really see it is a nice restaurant...u don't even imagine how it's inside...u have to open a little door and go some steps up...than u get to a wooden restaurant, really tipical from here...with many local people and a cozy atmosphere.
    U can have different dishes there...but if I were u...I'd ask for something tipical from the region...well..the english menus aren't very good...but I'm sure u'll find someone in the restaurant that could translate the german menu for u :-)

Favorite Dish: A portion of Capuns: it's as they call a mango leave with kind of a paste inside, with meat and vegetables...it's very good...and regional :-)

and well...there r many other god plates...I've been there only once...so I don't really know...I got a steak with mushroom sauce (morchelsosse): veeeery good!!!

• Shibiru's Profile Photo

at home,in a group or in a restaurant: Raclette

by Shibiru Updated Nov 27, 2005

people here in the WG (=WOhngemeinschaft=

Something very tipical in Switzerland is, beside fondue, also raclette.

Raclette is actually the name of the cheese used, but it's also the name of the "dish". It's aspecial oven where u put the cheese inside and let it melt. U eat it with potatos, small cucumbers, small corn and so on...it's something that people do a lot in a group...as a get together.

It is a heavy dish, so it's normally eaten in winter:-)

• Study Abroad

• Shibiru's Profile Photo

Restaurant Calanda: Different, tasty food!

by Shibiru Written Sep 27, 2005

They have good ideas and the plates are normally very decorated and taste very good too;-)
    They have a nice terrace, where u can enjoy the sun when it`s warm...and inside an interesting decoration, with art and kind of rustic.

Favorite Dish: I just ate there twice...and very good plates...the first time it was a chicken with some crust and lemon sauce...and the last time was tropical salad (not sure if that`s the name), but it was a salad with leaves, strawberries, melon, orange and chilli sauce...hmmm...veeeeeery good!!!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Rosti Pizzeria: Potato Pizza???

by rexvaughan Written May 23, 2004

Mr. Potato Head?

We wandered around side streets off the main ceneter of town and found this charming little pizzeria. The crust of the pizza is shredded potatoes and it adds a little different and nice crisp flavor.

Favorite Dish: Their menu featured pizzas with different country themes. My wife had the Romanian which was topped with artichokes, green and yellow peppers and zuchini. I had the Mexican which was topped with beef, beans, corn, onion and picante sauce. We decided we could probably make them easily at home but haven't tried it yet.

Instant Answers: Chur

Comments

Chur Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chur restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chur sightseeing.